INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any way to assign Hotkeys to Zones?  (Read 1584 times)

nonsub

• Junior Woodchuck
Any way to assign Hotkeys to Zones?
« on: May 04, 2019, 10:17:11 pm »

Would like to be able to do something like ALT-V for my vid zone and ALT-M for my music zone. Is there a way to do this? I know that there is CTRL-T but that just toggles and I actually don't have a CTRL key on my remote :(

Thx!

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Any way to assign Hotkeys to Zones?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 08:51:06 am »

Assuming you are using 32-bit MC25, create a "resource.xml" file in the following directory (probably will have to create the directory): C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 25\Data\Custom Resources

Add the following as the content of the file, substituting Index1 and Index2 with the indexes of the desired zones.  I haven't tested it, but it should work :).

Code: [Select]
<MJRS version="1.0">
  <ACCELERATORS>
    <Entry Key="Alt;M" Command="10011" Param="Index1" />
    <Entry Key="Alt;T" Command="10011" Param="Index2" />
  </ACCELERATORS>
</MJRS>
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

nonsub

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 02:39:58 pm »

Thanks. I assume 64-bit would be same but in Program Files...

nonsub

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 11:35:27 pm »

I'm not able to get this to do anything :(

I also tried this which should set just the 1 and 2 key to go back and forward between the 2 zones I have:

<MJRS version="1.0">
  <ACCELERATORS>
    <Entry Key="1" Command="10011" Param="-1" />
    <Entry Key="2" Command="10011" Param="-2" />
  </ACCELERATORS>
</MJRS>

doesn nottin :(

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 09:15:07 am »

I tested this and it is working for me.  Make sure you created the right directory and have the right zone ids in Param.  You also have to restart MC for the changes to take effect.  By the way, I don't think you can globally override the number keys.

nonsub

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 06:31:52 pm »

Thanks. Where do you get the index values from? I only have the two (deleted "Player") so are those 1 and 2 automatically?

Would you kindly paste the exact file content you have?

Thank again!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2019, 07:42:07 pm »

I knew you would ask that next.

http://<server IP>:52199/MCWS/v1/Playback/Zones

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_Core_Commands#Specifying_Zones
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

nonsub

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2019, 08:39:32 am »

Thanks again. No luck though/does nothing (rebooted.)

Here is what I have in c:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 25\Data\Custom Resources\Resource.xml

<MJRS version="1.0">
  <ACCELERATORS>
    <Entry Key="Alt;M" Command="10011" Param="10001" />
    <Entry Key="Alt;V" Command="10011" Param="10000" />
  </ACCELERATORS>
</MJRS>

And output from http:

<Response Status="OK">
<Item Name="NumberZones">2</Item>
<Item Name="CurrentZoneID">10000</Item>
<Item Name="CurrentZoneIndex">0</Item>
<Item Name="ZoneName0">Video</Item>
<Item Name="ZoneID0">10000</Item>
<Item Name="ZoneGUID0">{5FEB8301-0AF7-4E6E-9269-2ACDFEE15F77}</Item>
<Item Name="ZoneDLNA0">0</Item>
<Item Name="ZoneName1">Music</Item>
<Item Name="ZoneID1">10001</Item>
<Item Name="ZoneGUID1">{68756961-6427-4A80-AAD2-10E1DBBBE591}</Item>
<Item Name="ZoneDLNA1">0</Item>
</Response>

Any other thoughts? Thanks!

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2019, 09:06:20 am »

Sorry, I used the wrong word in my last response.  You want the index and not the id.  You can hover your mouse over the zone in the tree in MC (left side of interface, Playing Now branch) to see the zone index and use those for Param.  Probably will be 0 and 1.

nonsub

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2019, 05:34:15 pm »

Alright I put this but no luck:

<MJRS version="1.0">
  <ACCELERATORS>
    <Entry Key="Alt;M" Command="10011" Param="1" />
    <Entry Key="Alt;V" Command="10011" Param="0" />
  </ACCELERATORS>
</MJRS>

So then I figured I would see if the keys are even being read properly from my remote/media keypad and that reveals that ALT is not really ALT it just toggles what the other buttons do ie. letter Q when ALT is on = 1. So being that I don't have CTRL on this either I am going to have to see if I can figure out something else out.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2019, 05:40:50 pm »

Interesting. What keyboard are you using? One of the combined remote controls with a keyboard on the back? Make and model please.

BTW, is the text you are posting the only thing you have put into that Resource.xml?
I have always copied the full default resource.xml to the \Custom Resources\ directory, and then edited it to get changes to work. I think that is required. I think MC uses either the default file, or the custom file, and not a combination of both. But I could be wrong in that. I've never tried to use a combination.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2019, 08:26:26 am »

I think MC uses either the default file, or the custom file, and not a combination of both.

It uses the default, and overrides with whatever is in the custom file.  I only have an entry for "Delete" in my custom file and all the other shortcuts work as default.

nonsub

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2019, 09:36:39 am »

Hi. Yes a generic air remote with the keyboard on the back (not the backlit one.) Love this little gadget actually because I can do all my media stuff plus control my DAC and lights lol. Thx

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2019, 05:45:38 pm »

It uses the default, and overrides with whatever is in the custom file.  I only have an entry for "Delete" in my custom file and all the other shortcuts work as default.

Thanks. Good to know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up