INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA Device Stops in Middle of Song  (Read 580 times)

Shasta Mike

• World Citizen
DLNA Device Stops in Middle of Song
« on: May 19, 2019, 01:13:19 pm »

Since upgrading to MC25 an old problem of the DLNA device sporadically stopping while playing a song has returned.  I am using a Win10 system, playing 100% FLAC files, and have not made any hardware or software changes except routine updates.

MC is set to use encoder PCM 16 bit.   In past MC releases there were various remedies recommended like checking Ignore Transport Events or Disable Set/Next or Ignore Get Position.  Currently, none of these are checked.   

MC froze in the middle of a random song five times during the day yesterday with seemingly no pattern to folder or other specific correlation.  What is the current guidance of things to try in order of likelihood to fix the problem?   

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: DLNA Device Stops in Middle of Song
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 01:56:44 pm »

MC is set to use encoder PCM 16 bit.   In past MC releases there were various remedies recommended like checking Ignore Transport Events or Disable Set/Next or Ignore Get Position.  Currently, none of these are checked.     
Did you try checking them?

Shasta Mike

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 02:23:07 pm »

Did you try checking them?

I didn't - was concerned about creating other issues and since this is sporadic it is difficult to verify effectiveness except over time.  I'm game.  Should I try all or some? 

Thanks!

swiv3d

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 04:28:02 pm »

Try them all one at a time and then all together. It might help the dev team if you defined the dlna device you are playing to. I use various DLNA devices with MC 25.0.40 and they all seem to work happily in both push and pull modes.

Shasta Mike

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 11:48:55 pm »

Try them all one at a time and then all together. It might help the dev team if you defined the dlna device you are playing to. I use various DLNA devices with MC 25.0.40 and they all seem to work happily in both push and pull modes.
It's a Sony SMP-n200  https://www.cnet.com/reviews/sony-smp-n200-review/ which I use as an input for my preamp.   I know - pretty old but it has been a champ for many years and I have not found anything better for the money.   

Getting impatient this morning, after another failure so I checked them all.  I have had about 12 hours now with no failures.   Seems something made a positive difference.   Update:  I went into MC right now to see what song was playing and clicked Overview and then Media Player to get the Media Player display to refresh and show the currently playing song - MC froze and closed down (could checking any of the DLNA options increased likelihood of MC crash?).  I reopened it and it's playing again.   

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up