INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved] Syncing Music Library To Mobile Device  (Read 476 times)

Teerhand

• Recent member
[Solved] Syncing Music Library To Mobile Device
« on: May 20, 2019, 07:14:18 am »

I have a phone with a 200gb Sdcard, syncing the device for the first time isnīt an issue, but when i want to sync libraries after new songs are added, JRiver tries to sync old and new files alike.
I have 72 GB on the microsd (my whole library converted to mp3) when i get a new album, lets say 100mb size as mp3, JRiver tries to sync 72.1gb, leaving me with 35,6 gb (out of 183gb full capacity)
it seems to recognize the files on the mobile, but since they are now mp3, jriver wants to copy the flac files.
Lol i just realized the problem.
What i did was tell jriver my device doesnīt support flac, because otherwise if i told jriver to convert every file, no matter what, it would also try to convert some vbr mp3 i still had in my librry on pc to cbr 320 mp3īs and crash eventually

now i could tell j river only to convert when neccessary, so it would convert flac, and copy vbr mp3īs.
how would i accomplish that jriver converts flacs, copies vbr mp3īs and still recognizes that the mp3īs on the mobile device donīt have to be replaced by flacs from my pc library? 

Edit: So there seems to be a general Problem with the 64bit Version of MC25, to apply setting properly without a restart. Although i had the correct settings to prevent syncing issues
(FirstNo Flac allowed for the Mobile, to prevent Flacs being copied without conversion, and on the other hand to prevent variable bit rate mp3's to be converted to 320 cbr files
Second only convert files if needed
Third donīt sync playback statistics)
I had to format the microsd, redetect mobile devices, dial in the settings, RESTART MC25, and now it works.
Iīm bashing on MC25 all the time, I know that, but i really donīt get it, why such issues persist over the course of several iterations of MC.
Another example is, why isnīt scrolling lyrics enabled in the first place? i have to sit and wonder for a day, why my lyrics are cut of.
This is a wonderful powerful tool, but it is still so frigging raw! There are no rules in place, to prevent unwanted behavior, like converting low bitrate files to high bitrates for example. You have been programming on this for decades! Anyhow, i got it working now, if anyone is unclear as how to acomplish this, feel free to holler.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Syncing Music Library To Mobile Device
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 08:44:11 am »

Remove flac from the supported filetypes list (i.e., only enter mp3), then select the option to only convert unsupported filetypes.

Teerhand

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 09:51:37 am »

yeah thats what i already am doing.

What i did was tell jriver my device doesnīt support flac, because otherwise if i told jriver to convert every file, no matter what, it would also try to convert some vbr mp3 i still had in my librry on pc to cbr 320 mp3īs and crash eventually

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 12:14:16 pm »

Have you disabled the option to resync the file if the date modified has changed?

Teerhand

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 01:12:39 pm »

yeah, i can also replicate this behaviour, when i sync a playlist with only one album, all options except the conversion to mp3 disabled. someone on reddit wrote the 64bit version is a bugfest anyway.  :-[
Pages: [1]   Go Up