INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC installed in a domain  (Read 394 times)

elo

• Junior Woodchuck
MC installed in a domain
« on: May 20, 2019, 07:02:10 am »

Hi

I have a couple of problems that I would like to get some advice on:

• I have a domain controlled by a Windows Server 2016 running a a VM under HypervServer 2016. Each time the system boots I have to manually log in to the admin user and start the MC25 server. This because its not running as a service. Any suggestion on how I can get around this or plans to make the MC25 running as a service
  • My remote machines are being included in the domain and then I have to make a special installation for MC25. When I try to download the master library i am asked to give credentials for the server IP itself with the MC port. No user is working and it simply refuses to give me access and set up the library connection. I am using the sysadm user for the server. Does anyone have any idea what permissions I have to set on the server to fix this?

Thank you in advance!

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MC installed in a domain
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 05:37:03 pm »

1. where do you run MC ? VM or host directly? MC server doesn't run as a service and it was requested several times already so I wouldn't bet on it happening any time soon.
Anyway running MC on Windows server is not "officially" supported .. Don't worry...I have used only that OS Server 2012, 2012R2 and 2016 since I use JRiver and it works flawlessly.
The only thing that you can do as workaround to relaunch manually the jriver server is to :
A. make sure in JRiver to enable automatic startup of JRiver and MCServer (under options>startup
B. operate on windows level with auto-login. (windows button>type "run">type "netplwiz". If you have security concerns make a separate user and run/install MC under this user.

2. This sounds mostly like a firewall problem. Allow connection TCP in on port 52199 on the server ... this should allow your remote machines to connect. Or under JRiver>options>network on the server you can define username and password. It won't be linked to a domain user anyway...
Pages: [1]   Go Up