INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [feature request] Plugin Support  (Read 700 times)

jherbert

• World Citizen
[feature request] Plugin Support
« on: May 22, 2019, 10:01:05 am »

I have been using jriver mediacenter for more than a decade now, and while I am not unhappy there are some spots that need to be polished. The most important to me is support of (vst-) plugins. While there is a robust support, the interface leaves much to be desired.

- Only one plugin may be viewed at a time
- Display size is fixed, even if plugins support resizing

I have some great mastering plugins (ozone 8, Lindell TE-100, Fabfilter Pro Q3, BX meter, sonarworks reference 4...) that I would love to have in view while browsing and listening to my library. Maybe floating windows that use all display functionality a plugin comes with. Others do a pretty decent job here, though these products leave other points to be desired.

Any chance will see this implemented?

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Plugin Support
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 05:42:28 am »

+1

Chipicui

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: [feature request] Plugin Support
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 10:19:39 am »

Wow!... exactly!
Same request.
With configurable shortcuts/icons on the main program window's toolbar for easy access to plugins... now if I need to change bass or anything inside a plugin, I'm several clicks away from the feature.
It should be easy (as turning a tone knob in an amplifier).
Or better still... allow MIDI input/output to the DSP window.
This way we could automate whatever plugin controls we wanted, without having to go through so many clicks to get to the interface.
We could use any of the thousands of existing midi interface controlers to control plugins inside DSP.
We can do it already, but not without some extremely complex workarounds because JRiver doesn't currently provide access to the system midi ports.

Chipicui

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: [feature request] Plugin Support
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 11:07:33 am »

- Only one plugin may be viewed at a time

About this particular issue I highly recommend you to use something like Blue Cat's Patchwork.
Works really, really nice with JRiver DSP and has several nice bonuses, like global dry/wet mix, multichannel operation, drag and drop plugins, good presets sub-system.
Not free though, but not terribly expensive either, for what it offers.
Now... if only JRiver would expose system midi ports...
Pages: [1]   Go Up