INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.172 available  (Read 9621 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.0.172 available
« on: May 08, 2003, 12:46:25 pm »

Media Center 9.0.172 is available:  

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter90172.exe

History:  

1. Changed: Double-clicking in an "unused" portion of Hairstyle will exit fullscreen / Hairstyle.
2. Changed: Performing an "into" on a Hairstyle item with no children will now run the "enter" action.
3. Fixed: Hairstyle "thumbnail text" option was not working.
4. NEW: Thumbnail lists now support drop order. (can drag-n-drop reorder and external drop to specific location)
5. NEW: Windows "auto-play" for newly inserted media will be ignored while MC is running.
6. Changed: Hairstyle will default to having transitions off. (enable them in Hairstyle -> Setup)
7. Fixed: Search control would draw & as an underscore.
8. Fixed: Hairstyle wouldn't update the clock until the selection was changed.
9. Changed: Hairstyle much faster.
10. Fixed: Hairstyle PIP wouldn't draw correctly when first loading Hairstyle.
11. Fixed: "Add to Playing Now (play next)" wouldn't always work as expected.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

clout

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Media Center 9.0.172 available
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2003, 12:51:40 pm »

11. Fixed: "Add to Playing Now (play next)" wouldn't always work as expected.

Thanks. works for me now

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2003, 12:53:16 pm »

Still getting used to these daily updates - think it's very professional of you to do it...

Very pleased to see fix #5 - having a few problems swapping CDs in and out - other media programs would start and try to play them, also MC9 got "lost" from WinXP's autoplay list. On 3 occasions MC9 would show the tracks twice in the Content Pane, much confusion ensued...

Keep up the good work.

John

clout

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2003, 01:21:46 pm »

any plans to bring back the Merge library Command that disappeared some time ago?  It's still in the help file.

ZRocker

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2003, 01:22:52 pm »

Bugs (still):
1. MC does not remember column settings for CD, DVD & Handheld devices.  My test, on my CD-RW drive MC keeps reverting to some minimal default set of columns when I build a new burn list (data).  This is so frustrating as I keep having to add Artist, Album, Track #, Year and Bitrate back for every burn to view this data.  I am clicking Save Current View, but MC doesn't save squat (anything).

2. Send To (external) functions do not work for files on CD-Rom/RW drives (removeable media)...MC does NOT insert the proper [filename] data (educated guess).

3. Drag-n-Drop support does not work for files selected on CD-Rom/RW (removable media) that are dragged and dropped to other Windows programs.

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2003, 01:24:15 pm »

#11 works fine now EXCEPT...

if playback is stopped and MC says that it's stopped, shouldn't PN be cleared/replaced by whatever is dbl clicked on in ML (and other lists)? This 'lack of clearance" is true now for any of the Add to Playing Now(xxx) options. It is appending/inserting into whatevers in there already. Play behavior is set to Play Visible Files (all). I now have to select "Clear PN" for correct operation. She's almost there, though.

10-27

jredders2

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2003, 02:12:08 pm »

MC is still crashing when I pause an .mpc for more than a few seconds then hit play on my Dell Latitude Laptop...

If I'm using DirectSound the next few seconds of the song loops forever.  If I use WaveOut MC just hangs with no sound.

Possibly important config options:
MINI-ME mode
Cross-fade (smooth) 4 seconds
Buffering 0.5 seconds
Do not play silence (leading, trailing, & inside song)
DSP Studio:
 Effects - Wider
 ReplayGain - Fixed Adjustment +6.0dB
                      Overflow Handling - Clip Protection

This is totally repeatable, although not EVERY time, on this machine.

System Info: (System is actually 500 Mhz, not 389 as shown)
Media Center Registered 9.0.172 -- C:\Program Files\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium III 389 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 70 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.6144wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   No CD drives found.
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  No burners found.
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Omni

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2003, 02:18:54 pm »

#11 works fine now EXCEPT...

if playback is stopped and MC says that it's stopped, shouldn't PN be cleared/replaced by whatever is dbl clicked on in ML (and other lists)? This 'lack of clearance" is true now for any of the Add to Playing Now(xxx) options. It is appending/inserting into whatevers in there already. Play behavior is set to Play Visible Files (all). I now have to select "Clear PN" for correct operation. She's almost there, though.

There's just no pleasing you, is there?  :) ::) ;D

You obviously disagree, but I don't think this is a bug; it's a defined feature.  Maybe we just differ in points of view.  To me, "Play Visible Files" should apply only to the PN playlist.  If I want to play an entire album, I expect to double-click on the tree, not one of the individual files.

Omni

Update:  Of course, since there also a "Play Playing Now" option in the same list as the "Play Visible Files(all)", my notion of how it should work is probably wrong.

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2003, 02:35:45 pm »

Alright Omni >:(...

Let's take this outside...(of this post! :))

The Jets and I will meet you here. Prepare to rumble!

10-27

Dan Da Man

• World Citizen
  • I rule da-Man.com!
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2003, 03:00:38 pm »

Well, my roomate's computer was down, and so he tried playing my music.

He's rather unorganized, so he just keeps his mp3s on his hard drive, selects a list of files, right-clicks, and selects "Play".  Also, he tried "Play all" under the "Music Tasks" in the left side of Windows Explorer (on XP).

When he did either of these, it only showed the first track in "Playing Now" on starting MC9, but played the first 5 seconds or so of every track.

In the right-click menu, if I go down to the Media Center submenu and click "Play" it will work just fine, but my roomate isn't that smart.

Is there any way you can get Windows' Play function to work correctly (or is it out of your hands as a stupid OS thing)?

Dan "da Man"

phelt

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2003, 04:06:57 pm »

Crash bug:

In Playing Now, trying to pull down the visualization window (docked/hidden) when nothing is playing causes MC to crash. Does not crash if something is playing. Doesn't matter if there are items in Playing Now or not.

PixOS skin, Mega-Me mode, and the usual:
Media Center Registered 9.0.172 -- G:\mp3\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 3055 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2096 MB, Free - 1761 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3315.2902wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive J:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive K:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive L:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive V:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive K: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-105    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Drive L: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W1210A   Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

Nitpicks:

Button on System Info should say "Close" and not "Exit". All windows should be resizable  ;D

NoCodeUK

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2003, 05:32:17 pm »

I may be being stoopid but what is meant by this drag and drop reorder.  Does it mean we can reorder thumbnails displayed in View Schemes/Hairstyle or just in playing now.  I'm confused.  Cos if it does mean you can reorder thumbs in ML then mine isn't working and if it doesn't that'd be really nice ;D

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

NoCodeUK

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2003, 05:34:15 pm »

I just realised it is only in PN. Thats a real shame... I was hoping I could finally get my albums to appear chronologically in Album Group if logical view...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Mike Noe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2003, 06:39:56 pm »

Still getting the burn failure I posted back in .171 thread.  Changing the speed/direct decode had no affect.

Media Center Registered 9.0.172 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium III 448 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 154 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: HP       CD-Writer+ 8200    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:2  MaxSpeed:4  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
openSUSE TW/Plasma5 x86_64 | Win10Pro/RX560
S.M.S.L USB-DAC => Transcendent GG Pre (kit) => Transcendent mono OTLs (kit)
(heavily modded) Hammer Dynamics Super-12s (kit)
(optionally) VonSchweikert VR8s

whoeveryouare

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2003, 06:14:09 am »

Matt, et. al.

I should have thanked you at the 171 release for fixing the file info window crash.  Since I felt free to whine about it, I feel I should thank you when you fix it.

I think I know what it is, why some people are so hard on you guys: You're too responsive.  We're (or at least I'm) used to submitting bug reports, then getting totally ignored 1/3 of the time, blown off rudely 1/3 of the time, and promised a fix that never comes the other 1/3 of the time.  But the better you are, the more people come to expect of you.   :-/

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2003, 06:16:22 am »

Hi,

Don't know if it's a bug or a feature but when using the image commands of the RMC Menu (Set as Desktop.., Resize, Rotate) they don't go in the MRUCommand list like others from the same menu do.
Why is it so ?

C.

Using MC9.0.172
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

JohnT

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2003, 06:41:23 am »

Still getting the burn failure I posted back in .171 thread.  Changing the speed/direct decode had no affect.
Could you email me a log file from an unsuccessful burn? Just follow these instructions:

Turn on MC's logging for CD burning by changing the value of this registry key from zero (0) to one (1):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JRiver\Media Jukebox\CD Writer\Logger

Then just start up Media Center and try to burn a CD (you can leave test mode checked to avoid creating a coaster). Then exit MC and find a file in the MC program directory called "cdwriter.log" and email that to me.

Thanks!
John T.
JRiver, Inc.
johnt @ jriver.com

John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

s0nspark

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2003, 07:42:39 am »

Ok, from what I gather, this may have been requested in one form or another and if so, please consider this a "me too" post :-)

I _really_ would like to be able to sort albums in a view scheme by year... not grouped, mind you, but simply sorted. A couple of ways I could see this being fleshed out are:

* being able to create a level in a veiw scheme that is a concatenation of tags (i.e. Album = "[YEAR] [ALBUM]"  )

* being able to sort a level in the view scheme by another tag (i.e. sort [ALBUM] by [YEAR] ascending) - this might also be nice for sorting albums by rating or last played/most played.

Anyway, thanks for such a great media player... this little issue aside, I am very pleased with it and recommend it to everyone :-)

Cheers,
Tim

smcvick

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2003, 12:48:33 pm »

Media Center hangs on playback fairly consistently under the following conditions:  

1. MC running as mini-me OR mega-me, playing a list of mp3 files.  
3. Hit pause button.  
4. Leave it paused for a while. (several minutes)  
5. Hit play button.  

At this point, playback of track will continue, but within one second the application will freeze, and playback will stop.  When this happens, I've been forced to kill the process and restart it.  

I originally thought that this problem only appeared when running a mini-me skin, but I've now seen it more than once with mega-me.  It doesn't lock up every time I try it, but it's definitely happening on a regular basis.  For example, it's happened to me twice (so far) today at work.

This is not new behavior, I originally reported this for build 165, and had been seeing it with a number of builds prior to reporting it.   A bug which causes the application to freeze completely when hitting the Play button really shouldn't be considered acceptable.

Media Center Registered 9.0.172 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium III 797 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 78 MB

Shell32.dll: 5.00.3315.2902wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max

Burning /  No burners found.

Luigi1943

• World Citizen
  • I'd rather be sailing
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2003, 12:10:53 am »

Bug in displaying selected files
« on: Apr 25th, 2003, 6:38am »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When in Media Library view type a textual argument in the search window, then select some of the files appearing in the window. If you remove the search argument the selection moves to the files in the same position in the window, instead of sticking with the selected files.

Luigi

Luigi1943

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2003, 06:22:09 am »

MC9 Still Crashes If:

On Computer #1 Start Media Server

Computer #2: Connect To Media Server, Then Exit MC9

On Computer #1 Disconnect Media Server (Turn It Off)

Start Up Computer #2 When It Starts It Tries To Log Back On Media Server. Since That Connection Is Not Avail MC9 Will Crash.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

michel

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2003, 07:27:05 am »

It would be possible to have a less agressive thread priority for tagging task ? During a tagging operation, it is no more possible to do anything but to listen the current song playing. And when this song finishes to play the following one in playing now doesn't play until the end of tagging operation. Also the player windows is not refreshed during the tagging operation (in fact, nothing is refreshed, not only the player windows).

Is it a "structural" problem so it is complicated to solve or can we hope to have a "fix" someday ?

gvag

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2003, 02:24:11 pm »

MC is not writting CD Text even tho it says it is in the burn window.

Re ordering columns, etc.  Would it be possible to hide fields in the Visible Columns list.  I only use MC for music files and for me the other fields are just clutter.  Also, could we get a dialog list under options to order fields by dragging them up or down in the list?  Barring that how about implementing scrolling when dragging a column in the File pane.  Its really a "drag" right now.

thanks

gvag

gvag

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2003, 12:25:34 am »

Matt -

An amendment to my last post.  this seems to be a resurfacing of problems I had in some builds of MJ8.

After doing a burn MC will not read either my CD-R or CD-RW drives.  Quitting MC does not help and I have to reboot to read the drives.

It would appear that there is a problem with my new CD-R drive and CD Text because EAC sees info as Track 1, 2, ... as well.  But if I put the newly burned CD into the CD-RW drive EAC read the text just fine.  However, MC is hit & miss in reading the CD Text from the CD-RW drive.  Also, the refresh of the drives is somewhat quirky.  Swap a CD from one drive to another, click on the new drive and MC won't see the CD.  Click on the device folder and then on the drive and MC reads it.

Media Center Registered 9.0.172 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 999 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1045 MB, Free - 909 MB
Resource Info: System - 29 %, GDI - 63 %, User - 29 %

Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600
wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive I: HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8160B    Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

thanks

gvag

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2003, 02:00:32 pm »

Could You Please Add

MJFile.Bios

To The SDK?

At The Same Time Can You Please Change It To use Edit Box Like Lyrics And Notes?

Please
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

jcouch93

• World Citizen
  • I'm confused...
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2003, 02:40:40 pm »

Getting a dialog when I try to play movie files:  "Windows Media v9 is not installed on your system.  Do you want to download and install?"  This is paraphrased, but I don't understand why I get this dialog at all and also when I say no MC gives the "Please select files to play" dialog.  The funny part is that before I hit Yes or No on the dialog the movie plays fine behind it.  Any suggestions guys?  Thanks!

phatrabt

Media Center Registered 9.0.172 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

AMD Athlon 1728 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 712 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929)wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive Z:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive G: LITE-ON  LTR-24102B         Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

Marko

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2003, 11:51:13 pm »

Problems with streaming media.

Using the following url...  http://62.25.96.7:80/rrs/

None of these problems existed in builds prior to the changes that removed the necessity for windows media player to be present.
1. streaming file is asf. media center reports it as .wma
2. with ASIO enabled, opening this file causes MC to crash, leaving windows repeating the buffered sound [presumably] over and over. Rebooting is the only way I've found to stop the noise.
In the player control panel:
3. MC does not display the stations tagline, instead it only displays 'windows media stream'
4. The time counter displays like so... minutes:seconds / Live - 20kbps. When this reaches 1 hour, it starts counting backwards.

On the plus side...
When all this worked as it should, vizualisations didn't work, and MC displayed the default message informing me of this fact, but now, I do get vizualisations, allowing me to get this after ripping their logo...

Would be nice to have the above problems fixed, and keep the viz too, please:)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2003, 04:06:50 am »

Did you try updating DirectX from the MS site?

Marko

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2003, 12:01:10 pm »

Did you try updating DirectX from the MS site?

A few things come to mind Jim...
1. I've not found any mention of having directX 9 being a "minimum system requirement"
2. Windows Media Player (from a default XP install) plays the stream properly.
3. MC also played the stream flawlessly prior to changes mentioned in my previous post.
4. DirectX can be temperamental at the best of times, and as (so far) my 8.1 installation hasn't caused me any problems, and bearing in mind that there aren't any games out yet that can utilise DX9, I'm loathe to upgrade it.
5. I don't expect it to make any difference because it was working under DX8.1, then MC changed and it stopped working.

I will though, then I'll report any findings in a new thread. Fair enough?

-marko.

Marko

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2003, 12:40:40 pm »

Stebajo

• World Citizen
  • Every move you'll make I'll be here with you
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2003, 03:43:43 pm »

Yes Marko, it's a good radio and seems work fine to me with asio & Audigy 2 plat., Dx9a.
I've the same of your issue at points 1 & 3. But as said it's a good pop radio, thanks.

Stebajo

Stebajo

• World Citizen
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2003, 05:38:56 pm »

Anyhow dear JRiver, this relase is very stable and even if  it has more functions vs. MJ,  many things seem work fine.

Tv is ok also with my Pinnacle pctv card.

But there is again one issue about Web Media that seems forgotten because is the same like in MJ8 and never fixed:  the search of faster web radios is BROKEN, it isn't selective; in MJ7 it worked just fine!
Always about W.Media, I permit to propose at least that MC9 every time you add a radio to your favourites, it could not swich from your long, long list of radios again to Web Radio main page.  Infact the radio search is the longer wait in W.Media, perhaps because the 'faster radio' search not run and MC must display every time hundreds of media, so why don't charge them in cache? The search could be faster and it could be updated I think 1 time for day or on request...

Very, very big thanks to Steve for his last build of plug-in for Nomad, that fix all problems of short titles visualization and 'finally' fix a thedious issue coming from MJ8, of strange unknown songs; how many hours spend to search a mysterious corrupted mp3 between thousands of files...  :P  Now it gives what it promises. Synchronization folder works correctly!
One thing remain that I'm waiting for a long time, play directly in streaming from my Nomad JB 20G, like other more simple progs do.

Again one time I must admit that this last release of Media Center is the best I've seen and I really love it.
Again many thanks JRiver's crew to you all.  :D

Stebajo

Stebajo

• World Citizen
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2003, 01:44:16 am »

Sorry Marko,
but probably one of the last update of MC reverted my playback setting to DirectSound,...possible? Anyhow trying to play your good link with D.S. + MC9.0.171 all worked fine, but with setting for Asio I get your same issue, audio disturbed and is need a reboot, you had right.   ::)

In MC9.0.172 is not more possible play the link with DirectSound like with Asio because I get the following  Windows Media Error: 0xC00D000F and only the player doesn't start.

Stebajo

Media Center Registered 9.0.172 -- D:\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1724 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 240 MB

Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929)wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive W:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive X:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive W: LITE-ON  LTR-40125W         Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  Use MJ Engine:Yes

Marko

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2003, 09:46:02 am »

No need for apologies stebajo (glad you enjoy the station btw), it's nice to have it confirmed that I'm not the only one with these difficulties.

I notice my other thread on the subject has not received a response. Can we expect a fix for this one in the near future?

-marko

Stebajo

• World Citizen
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2003, 02:18:49 pm »

Can we expect a fix for this one in the near future?

I'm sure of that.

Just a curious note:
When MC did the possibility to live alone, in first uninstalled Windoz mediaplayer, but seems that relase 9.0.172 vs. xx.171 doesn't register properly the WMP codes, like previous build did & wasn't possible to play your link in directsound too.

Reverting to xx.171 with DirectS. the link runs fine.

To use MC9.0.172, DirectS. & your link is need to reinstall Windows mediaplayer9 and than if you want, uninstall it again.

Lukely I think this could be a minor bug, I'm really more surprised that Web Media in 2 versions, MJB8 & MC9 never did a fix to selective speed stations finder to search the faster web radio that worked fine on previous MJB7, isn't it droll?   :o

Stebajo

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2003, 08:08:48 am »

CNET featured an article today comparing jukebox applications including Winamp, WMC9, MusicMatch 8, and Media Jukebox 8 (NOT Media Center 9).  

Though, they still picked Media Jukebox as Editor's choice;somebody has got to bring them up to date on MC9 release.

http://weekinreview.cnet.com/software/0-3227898-8-21205134-1.html?tag=txt

Omni

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2003, 07:41:19 pm »

:( After dozens and dozens of releases, I finally found a bonafide bug. :(

Continuous, uninterrupted audio playback (on the order of five to six hours) seems to cause MC to hang.

It has happened to me twice now, and both times was during the fade-in stage (I presume since the counter was stuck on 0:05).  It just sat there and looped continuously.  First time, I was able to just stop and hit play again, but today MC just stopped responding altogether (though it was still able to feed frames to the audio driver).

History: I telecommute, and I have the set playlist I play (unshuffled) every day the moment I sit down to work (about 8 a.m.) up until I stop for the day (around 6 p.m.).  This playlist has not changed in months (since January).  I have never experienced this bug before B172, but now that it has happened twice, I figured I should report it even though I know (from experience) that it may be impossible to track down.

Code: [Select]
Media Center Registered 9.0.172 -- E:\bin\audio\Media Center\

Intel Pentium 4 2799 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 628 MB

Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive R:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive S:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max

Burning /  Drive R: YAMAHA   CRW-F1E            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:44  Use MJ Engine:Yes

Omni

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2003, 05:04:27 am »

I get stuck in an endless error message cycle when I try to watch TV.  The root cause of the error seems to be in the hardware (ATI AIW 8500DV).  

MC9 gives me one of three error messages (failed to create TV control; cannot run preview graph, or failed to access TV tuner) depending on what I try to do (e.g., select a channel or scan).  I click Ok, and get the message again.  The only way out is via Task Manager.

Wobbley

• World Citizen
  • What a bum rap for a nice, sensitive guy like me
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2003, 05:47:52 am »

Jim / Steve -

I have a request (I hope I'm not repeating any previous requests...).  Let's say I have a soundtrack (i.e Donnie Darko), which has the song "Mad World" by Gary Jules.  And let's also say that I have the Gary Jules album "Trading Snakeoil For Wolftickets", which also has the "Mad World" track on it (same version).  Now, as I understand things, right now, I either rip the song, copy it into 2 different directories, and then tag each one differently so that one song will show up in the [Album Artist] Original Soundtrack, [Album] Donnie Darko section, and the other will show up in [Artist] Gary Jules, [Album] Trading Snakeoil For Wolftickets section.  It would be really nice (and I hope this ability is already present and I'm just not aware of it) if I could have one version of the song, but I could have multiple, yet different pointers to the same song, so that I only have one physical version of the song, but it shows up in multiple places in Media Center.

I hope I've been clear...

Thanks,

Chris

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2003, 06:52:26 am »

It's a minor issue but I found out the following:

When "Startup Setting" is set to "Playing Now" and you use multiple zones, MC9 does not honour the last chosen zone at startup.

If I leave MC9 in zone3 and restart it, then it defaults to Playing Now - Zone 1!

Also I feel that "Zone Management" should also be available under Tools>Options as it is not really clear to which zone the playback settings refer to!

ZRocker

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2003, 07:31:42 am »

Bug:
1. The overall Write progress floodbar on the Portable Devices upload dialog is wacked (doesn't work).  Used to be it worked and the File progress floodbar was not (it never moved).  Now, File progress is right, but Write progress goes to about 20% (after a few files are uploaded) then reverts to blank (0%) for a while (few files) then displays upto 20% then nothing and so on.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2003, 08:43:23 am »

I get stuck in an endless error message cycle when I try to watch TV.  The root cause of the error seems to be in the hardware (ATI AIW 8500DV).  

MC9 gives me one of three error messages (failed to create TV control; cannot run preview graph, or failed to access TV tuner) depending on what I try to do (e.g., select a channel or scan).  I click Ok, and get the message again.  The only way out is via Task Manager.

Sam,

Please try the solution here:
http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=display;num=1046153817;start=19#19
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

SteveG

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2003, 10:35:32 am »

Zrocker,

In regards to Portables, this is now fixed.

Thanks.

Chris,

Lets cover tagging in your other thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up