INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to update guide regularly  (Read 891 times)

jachin99

• Citizen of the Universe
How to update guide regularly
« on: June 23, 2019, 08:59:05 pm »

My TV guide data doesn't appear to be downloading.  I ran out yesterday I believe and I'm not exactly sure how to setup JRiver to regularly update my guide data.  I'm also wondering how far out in advance I can downloading guide data.  I use schedules direct.  Thanks. 

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: How to update guide regularly
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 10:33:15 pm »

It is not clear from your description whether you use Schedules Direct inside mc2xml or use it directly.  There is recently an issue with mc2xml not being able to get data.  I do not know the scope of the issue and all we can do is hoping it will recover soon.  If you use Microsoft option  in mc2xml, the data is from Rovi, which occasionally might stop sending data for a few days but usually would resume later.

If you have an Schedules Direct account, you should just download the data directly into an xmltv file and setup MC to import from that file.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 11:39:00 am »

For what it is worth, I use an external version of MC2XML, and it has been working fine.  I use the external one because it allows for JSON import of Schedules Direct, and that includes season and episode info.

jachin99

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 11:50:02 am »

I went with EPG123 for creating my xmltv file, which sound similar to MC2XML.  This way I can have one program create my WMC & JRiver guide listings.  I also get up to 21 days of guide listings, and it populates channel logos for me so I don't have find images and map them to each channel, which is MUCH easier.  JRiver should include more information about external guide sources because without knowing about these programs many users might not even know how easy everything can be for EPG listings.  I know I get episode descriptions but I don't know my way around JRiver enough to find season info just yet.  I think that my original issue was that I didn't have an auto import profile setup for whatever reason.  Thanks for your help Yaobing, and your input muzicman0. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up