INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Automatic Lyrics Lookup Feature Request  (Read 677 times)

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Automatic Lyrics Lookup Feature Request
« on: June 14, 2019, 05:10:29 pm »

"3. Changed: If lyrics display is on, each track will lookup lyrics as it is played if it doesn't already have lyrics."

If you have a playlist or an album with mixed vocal and non-vocal tracks, it seems this could potentially force a lot of unnecessary lookups.  It would be nice to able to turn this automatic lookup off. Alternately, a tag could be used to indicate that tracks do not have vocals associated with them.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Automatic Lyrics Lookup Feature Request
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 10:12:24 am »

"3. Changed: If lyrics display is on, each track will lookup lyrics as it is played if it doesn't already have lyrics."

If you have a playlist or an album with mixed vocal and non-vocal tracks, it seems this could potentially force a lot of unnecessary lookups.  It would be nice to able to turn this automatic lookup off. Alternately, a tag could be used to indicate that tracks do not have vocals associated with them.

You could just put "Vocals" in the lyrics field and then lookup will no longer happen.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 10:31:06 am »

Yes, that will work, although I would probably use Non-Vocal. But, for me, that does not seem like the best solution. The majority of my tracks are non-vocal and it also means I have to do worry about this every time I import a new album.

Lyrics lookup and lyrics display are two totally different activities and should be treated as such.

I am sure some people like this lookup feature. But others do not. 

I still think a user selectable option is appropriate, just like Auto Import is an option. The user should have the option for these types of automatic activities.

And, as long as azlyrics.com is used for lookups, I do not want to chance unknowingly hitting their site. And, people with a lot of non-vocal music will be unknowingly hitting it on a regular basis if they are not careful.

I really think a user option to turn the feature on or off is appropriate.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 10:38:35 am »

It only does the lookup if you've enabled lyrics display.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2019, 01:02:13 pm »

I know. But I have albums and playlists that have both lyrics and non-lyrics.  And I don't want to have to remember to turn off lyrics if I go from a vocal to a non-vocal album.  When I am listening to music, I do not want to have to jump up and down to turn the lyrics display off, just so a function that I do not want will not be activated.  And playlists just become impossible.

And the azlyrics issue still exists.

Please, a option to just turn off auto lookup would make life a lot easier.  Without it, I will probably just not use the lyrics display, which is  a shame since I have wanted it for quite a while.
Pages: [1]   Go Up