INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CableCard EPG not working correctly  (Read 1173 times)

PGibby

• Junior Woodchuck
CableCard EPG not working correctly
« on: June 20, 2019, 12:54:16 pm »

Hello,

I'm in the process of still figuring this one out, but I've got it working again at the moment using my 7 day trial of Perc Data.

To start, I was using mc2xml and Microsoft (default selections) to download EPG data. Possibly not related, but in the past couple days i updated to Win10 1903 and updated to the latest firmware on my HDhomerun Prime. I believe this worked fine for a day or two, but then the EPG download started having errors. I got repeats of EPG loading failed...."Execution of external program was successful, but no data was loaded. Will retry in 31 minutes.". This repeated over and over, and the input box would repeatedly pop up.

Next, I switched to using Microsoft Legacy (zap2it), and this successfully wrote an xml file, but I would get the message that either the lineup did not match, or the data was corrupt. I retried after resetting all my tv settings and had teh same result.

Finally, I just now did a 7 day trial of Perc Data, set that up per the wiki and......IT WORKS. If it takes $30 a year to get accurate and working EPG I guess I'll do that.....but...is anyone experiencing mc2xml issues? I *think* i'm showing the issue isn't on my side.

Anyone else?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: CableCard EPG not working correctly
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 01:26:34 pm »

Once in a while mc2xml would act up like that.  It is not really an issue with mc2xml either.  It is usually the server that serves the data (Rovi) temporarily serving no data and usually it recovers by itself in a couple of days.

PercData is a nice alternative.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

PGibby

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 01:57:29 pm »

Once in a while mc2xml would act up like that.  It is not really an issue with mc2xml either.  It is usually the server that serves the data (Rovi) temporarily serving no data and usually it recovers by itself in a couple of days.

PercData is a nice alternative.

That's good to know. I'll wait out the trial and switch back...hopefully it'll be resolved by then.  :)

PGibby

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 09:11:53 am »

Following up on this one:

mc2xml is still having this issue (or like Yaobing mentioned earlier...a Rovi issue).

So...looks like I need a EPG source. PercData or Schedules Direct? Looks like SD may offer more detail because of the JSON format?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 10:45:40 am »

Following up on this one:

mc2xml is still having this issue (or like Yaobing mentioned earlier...a Rovi issue).

So...looks like I need a EPG source. PercData or Schedules Direct? Looks like SD may offer more detail because of the JSON format?

Schedules Direct, being a non-profit organization (or they are trying to be one) can not be used in a commercial product like MC (the owner of SD came to this forum and told our users this).  It is strictly meant for personal use.

PercData is fully supported in MC.  You have to subscribe to it (for $30/year).  Once subscribed, you enter your login info inside MC once.  MC will run it on schedule.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

PGibby

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 11:09:55 am »

Yep, saw that on SD's website. Percdata it is!

Harvie_WallBanger

Online EPG not working correctly
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2019, 07:32:03 am »

MC2XML still hangs up when trying to refresh EPG.
last successful update was 10 days ago.

djmik

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2019, 05:39:21 pm »

Same issue here. Looks like I will run out of guide data Saturday. Using Mc2xml.
Pages: [1]   Go Up