INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: smartlists not working properly  (Read 527 times)

SteinK

smartlists not working properly
« on: June 21, 2019, 02:24:05 pm »

My "imported recently" smartlist is showing stuff I imported years ago.  Same with "last 200 tracks".  It was working fine last weekend, after I imported about 10 CDs. Two days later, out of nowhere, it only showed old stuff.  None of my smartlists are dynamically responding to new information.

I can't seem to fix it, even after installing a new key/upgrade.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: smartlists not working properly
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 05:01:17 pm »

I'm having some issues here also. I have a smartlist that selects files based on a string stored in the comments field. Now that smartlist is just seemingly showing files at random, even when the comments field is empty.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 05:22:40 pm »

I'm playing around with comment based smartlists and they're working fine.

Would you be willing to send me a library backup?  My email is matt at jriver dot com.

Include instructions about what smartlist is not working well.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 05:43:49 pm »

I'm playing around with comment based smartlists and they're working fine.

Would you be willing to send me a library backup?  My email is matt at jriver dot com.

Include instructions about what smartlist is not working well.

Thanks.

Sent

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 05:52:13 pm »

Reply sent via email.  Let's keep the discussion there and come back with what we learn.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2019, 09:31:46 pm »

My "imported recently" smartlist is showing stuff I imported years ago.  Same with "last 200 tracks".  It was working fine last weekend, after I imported about 10 CDs. Two days later, out of nowhere, it only showed old stuff.  None of my smartlists are dynamically responding to new information.

I can't seem to fix it, even after installing a new key/upgrade.

SteinK, my issue was most likely caused by the new HDCD tag causing my files to be reanalyzed and then reimported on my clients that write certain tags to my files upon auto-import that I use for making smartlists.

Your issue may be related, you may want to check your date imported tags and compare them to a known good copy of your library backup. To fix it you will want to disable Auto-import>check for external changes, restoring a known good library backup, set the HDCD field to 0 for all files so they will not be reanalyzed, write back the old file tags from my library backup (Library Tools>Update tags (from library)), and then re-enabling your auto-import settings.
Pages: [1]   Go Up