INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Category view: ONE album in MULTIPLE categories?  (Read 379 times)

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Category view: ONE album in MULTIPLE categories?
« on: June 27, 2019, 04:07:29 am »

Am working on my collection browser: (attached image)

It's a category view with categories: Artist (auto), Albums (broken into Studio/Box Sets/Compilations/Live/Singles), discs.

Thing is, some albums belong in multiple categories, eg in the image above, some of the studio albums actually come from box sets found in the box set view, but which don't show up in the box set view because they are already included in the studio albums view.  Also, many box set discs are live albums which I'd like to see in the Live albums view as well as the Box Set view.

So, the question is, is there any way for ONE album to appear in MULTIPLE categories?  Been scratching my head on it for a few days but coming up empty handed with everything I try...

TIA.

Mark

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hi
Re: Category view: ONE album in MULTIPLE categories?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 10:32:43 am »

How do you have your files tagged? 

It seems like you could have a list type field, something like [Album Type], with values of Studio/Box Sets/Compilations/Live/Singles where you could select multiple values for each album, depending on how where you want them to appear.
Pages: [1]   Go Up