More > JRiver Media Center 25 for Mac

integration with Qobuz?

(1/2) > >>

csacchetti:
I don't understand why JRiver won't open at Qobuz. I have subscription to Qobuz and I consider it extraordinary in particular for classical music and high definition. The competitors Roon have also opened and that gives them points of benefit. I think jriver superior to Roon as a music player but this absence penalizes this extraordinary player.

JimH:
You can blame it on me.  In my opinion, neither Tidal nor Qobuz have a business model that will allow them to survive, let alone compete with the major services.

In JRiver, we've been working on a lossless streaming project for the past year.  On the Mac version, you should be able to play Radio JRiver stations.  Cloudplay playback should be working soon.

The wiki has a Cloudplay topic.

rick5:
Isn't it time to revisit this? Qobuz has been a download service for about a decade, streaming for about 5 years, and since this original post, in the U.S. for a year. It seems to me that MC's feature-rich dedication to quality music is in kindred spirit to qobuz's, so why not integrate?

Awesome Donkey:
I personally wouldn't hold my breath on it, especially after what happened years ago when they tried to do Tidal integration and wasn't able to. Probably don't want history to repeat itself.

JimH:

--- Quote from: Awesome Donkey on March 03, 2020, 09:19:21 am ---I personally wouldn't hold my breath on it, especially after what happened years ago when they tried to do Tidal integration and wasn't able to. Probably don't want history to repeat itself.

--- End quote ---
Minor correction.  We added support for Tidal, but they wanted us to change the interface.  We bailed.

The biggest problem with both Tidal and Qobuz is that they have, in my opinion, a short life expectancy.  Qobuz has been bankrupt once.  Tidal cooks their numbers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version