INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request - press record button on guide grid cell to record program  (Read 1800 times)

jachin99

• Citizen of the Universe

This might already exist so if it does feel free to ignore.  I would like to be able to press record or some button that is mapped to the MCC record TV command when I have a guide grid cell selected and have MC record that show.  At the moment I can hit the record button while playing live TV and it records the currently playing program. 

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!

Record button on a remote control does just that.  It toggles among "Record", "Subscribe", and "Cancel Recording" I believe.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

jachin99

When I'm watching the channel on TV it does record it but I'm asking about when I'm scrolling through the guide, and a particular program is highlighed, I want to be able to hit the record button and record the show that is highlighted on the guide, not the currently playing TV channel.  I hope that makes a little more sense because its a little hard to describe I guess.  Should JRiver do this already?

Yaobing

• Administrator

Theater View or Standard View?  I believe it was implemented for Theater View.

jachin99

This is in theater view.  I'm using a RF gyration MCE remote. 

Yaobing

• Administrator

It should work, especially since it works for you when you are in Display view (while playing a live channel).  The pressing of MCE remote's Record button is handled in one centralized location, and it branches off according to which view you are in.

tzr916

• MC Beta Team

....I'm asking about when I'm scrolling through the guide, and a particular program is highlighed, I want to be able to hit the record button and record the show that is highlighted on the guide...
Works for me, always has, as far back as I can remember.
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

jachin99

It worked fine for me tonight but I also remapped the button via eventghost.  I'm going to try disabling eventghost and seeing what happens tomorrow.  I'm not sure why it wasn't working earlier.  I think I pressed it and somehow landed on the shows page.  Either way thanks for the response.

jachin99

Nevermind, it works fine. 

Yaobing

• Administrator

I am glad this is all sorted.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team

What is the key shortcut for this so I can also map it in eventghost?  I assume this will work on clients.

Yaobing

• Administrator

I don't think there is a keyboard shortcut.  If you can map a remote control button to MC Command MCC_RECORD_TV (23023), it should work.

jachin99

Yes, you can.  I did this and it worked with the key mapped, and without it mapped via Eventghost.  You should see EVERY MCC command in the Eventghost plugin but if not then ask about it.  There is a thread about eventghost in the third party programs forum on these boards, and one on the eventghost forums. 

jachin99

I'm in standard view watching live TV, and I press the record button, JRiver goes into the shows menu in theater view.  That's why I originally thought the remote behavior was off. 

Yaobing

• Administrator

I'm in standard view watching live TV, and I press the record button, JRiver goes into the shows menu in theater view.  That's why I originally thought the remote behavior was off.

That was indeed off.  While watching, pressing Record button should not interrupt the video display.
Pages: [1]   Go Up