INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Guide backdrops are incorrect in theater view [Solved]  (Read 1870 times)

jachin99

• Citizen of the Universe
TV Guide backdrops are incorrect in theater view [Solved]
« on: August 06, 2019, 10:49:25 am »

I'm not sure if this is the intended behavior or a result of my guide data but the backdrops in the TV guide in theater view appear to be inaccurate for quite a few guide cells.  I have noticed that the backdrops are mostly accurate for common programs like those shown on ESPN but for less popular entries, I will get things like a hunger games backdrop for the local news.  I can go down each program and check them one by one if need be but I'm wondering if this behavior is intentional, if it has just never been noticed or brought up, or if there is something I can change about my guide data to fix the problem.  Thanks. 

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: TV Guide backdrops are incorrect in theater view
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 12:54:59 pm »

It is not intentional to present wrong images.  We get the images online.  It is possible that process may fetch a wrong image, especially if the guide data is not complete.  If we do not get any image at  all for a particular program, we may present a generic image.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

jachin99

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 01:43:28 pm »

Is there a way to check my guide data to make sure its complete, or otherwise fix it?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 02:45:36 pm »

An EPG smartlist probably is how you should check EPG data.

jachin99

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 03:03:26 pm »

The same smartlist you described here? https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,121562.msg841469.html#msg841469

Once I create that, will be obvious if the guide data is off, or is there something in particular I should look for?

jachin99

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2019, 08:31:50 pm »

I scrolled through about twenty or thirty guide cells on a second PC, and everything seemed normal.  Obscure shows just had the generic backgrounds.  Could it be that my coverart directory is messed up on the original PC?  What is strange is that the correct PC is a library server to the incorrect PC.  I'll look into it a little more.  I also created a smartlist, and limited it to the TV guide database rather than main, and everything looked normal.  The smartlist looks like a good way to see what data is being digested by JRiver so I'm sure that will be helpful in the future. 

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2019, 08:22:53 am »

So you are saying on the PC that has issues MC is running as a client.  Maybe there is something to investigate.  I will test on a client and see if I can see anything unusual.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2019, 01:02:27 pm »

I can not identify any issues trying on a client PC either.

Any other clues?

jachin99

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2019, 01:33:20 pm »

I don't know.  I setup the guide on the suspect machine before you made the changes for EPG123.  Maybe I'll clear out the TV settings on that JRiver server instance and see what happens.  Would I really lose much if I were to clear out the cover art directory on the client only machine?  I no longer use the server instance that is installed there if that makes sense.  The only other thing I can think of is that I have frontview installed on this machine but I highly doubt that is causing the issue. 

jachin99

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2019, 08:26:05 pm »

My client is setup to use the galaxy theme in theater view.  My server has the default theme.  When I enable the default on my client, the stock backdrops such as the theater seating or tickets are replaced with what appears to be backdrops for random shows.   Any idea what I can do about this?  And thanks for centering those channel logos!

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2019, 09:54:53 pm »

I am stumped.

jachin99

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2019, 07:14:48 am »

I looked through the theme's folder and found all of the random images I was seeing so It looks like it was the intended behavior, and not a problem with MC itself. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up