INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: full disc external subtitle support  (Read 543 times)

fandangos

• Recent member
full disc external subtitle support
« on: August 10, 2019, 06:10:12 pm »

Being able to play full bluray and uhd bluray discs with full menu navigation and with madvr is, to my eyes, what makes JRiver pop up from the rest of the players.

Still, I really would like to ask if support for external subtitles on full discs could be added.
Example:

BD\The Hidden Fortress (1958)\ <- this folder contains BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders.
along with BDMV and CERTIFICATE, goes the external subtitles: The Hidden Fortress (1958).en.srt

It would be handy if those could be selected using the pop up menu using a keyboard or a remote, instead of using a mouse and clicking on the OSD menu.

Also, I'm aware you can change subtitles if you add this function per https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_Core_Commands
using MCC_SET_SUBTITLES. This having an overlay button in the same place as zoom, contrast and brightness features to change subtitles (and also audio tracks) would be really appreciated.

Hope this falls in good ears and thank you for this space.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: full disc external subtitle support
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 07:37:51 pm »

I think it is already supported. Subtitles filename should be the same as filename in MC

fandangos

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2019, 09:30:43 pm »

I think it is already supported. Subtitles filename should be the same as filename in MC

I even tried that setting the file name to index.srt because jriver loader the index.bdmv file when playing full discs but no subtitles where found.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 03:32:37 am »

Just tested with srt in BDMV folder: works at least with both index_OS_English.srt or just index.srt. So your srt was in wrong folder I guess..

fandangos

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019, 06:59:29 am »

Just tested with srt in BDMV folder: works at least with both index_OS_English.srt or just index.srt. So your srt was in wrong folder I guess..

weird here it doesn't detect it at all.

Still, having the file named index doesn't make much sense.
The way other players and the OPPO bluray player uses it is having the subtitle besides the folder with the folder's name, or  having it inside the movie folder with the movie name.

I think this would be the way to go.
Pages: [1]   Go Up