INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Views, Playlists & Smartlists  (Read 740 times)

Hans Weiland

• Recent member
Library Views, Playlists & Smartlists
« on: August 10, 2019, 08:11:59 am »

Just an idea: 8)
Right now we do have “Library Views, Playlists & Smartlists” and we have them with different functionality. And exactly this is sometimes causing a bit of inconvenience, why?
E.g.
  - it is not possible to view a “Playlist” in “Album Thumbnails” mode. Only for the other two types of lists…
  - If you easily want to sub-select a Smartlist you have to go via the wizard, because the option of having top columns for a quick selection is missing, as this is only for “Library Views”…

Do you know what I mean?
So, while thinking about it I thought, why not make all three types completely equal in terms of their visual appearance and functionality – this would give two benefits:
a) from the programming perspective only one type of “lists”
b) endless flexibility for the user to create the optical appearance for Play- and Smartlists.
So my idea would be: Keep the three different type of lists, as they are playing different roles in the system, but give them equal options in terms of their visual appearance and functionality.
Would you like this idea?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Library Views, Playlists & Smartlists
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 02:59:01 pm »

You can do some of this now.  You can make a Panes view that lets you select playlists and then it displays them just like any other Panes view.  Here's a tiny bit of discussion about this and a few screen shots to give you an idea of what it looks like:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,106108.msg738032.html#msg738032

Brian.

Hans Weiland

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 05:11:37 am »

Ahhhh, didn't know that! Thank you Brian, very helpful, will try it...  :)

Hans Weiland

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 07:48:58 am »

Wowowowowow… tried it and yes, it solves my issue.  :) :D Bit tricky, but now I will do a smart grouping of my playlists. As I am using this view mostly in “Maintenance” or “Import/Tagging” situations, that truly helps a lot. Brian, thank you so much for your time answering my request, highly helpful and appreciated. You made my day! Thank you!  :D

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019, 10:46:58 am »

I'm very happy to hear I could help you in the right direction.  :)

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up