INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is my MC 25 opening up properly?  (Read 483 times)

Glenn54

Is my MC 25 opening up properly?
« on: August 11, 2019, 08:25:56 pm »

Hello all. Sorry if I'm not explaining this clearly. Every since I updated from MC24 to 25, when I'm initially opening the program, I get "extract" that loads from 0- 100%. It seems like the software is downloading to my computer for the first time each time I open it. When I was using MC24, it would immediately open the software up without any sort of long process like this. Everything seems to work fine once the site is open tho. Did I download MC25 properly? Also, I still have MC24 installed. Should I un-install it? Thanks for any input :) -PS- Running Windows 8.1.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Is my MC 25 opening up properly?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 10:37:05 pm »

It sounds like you are launching the installation program each time, via an icon, rather than the MC25 icon. Check the properties of the icon you are launching. This is a common error for Mac users, but not Windows users.

Uninstall MC24 when you are happy with MC25. It can stay there as long as you want. Doesn't matter.

Or depending on when you installed MC25, and how often you use it, there could actually be a new update each time you launch MC25, and you may have the Update Channel set to most recent. As you can see fro the Release Notes, there have been a few updates recently: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes_MC25
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Glenn54

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 07:05:10 pm »

What should I be seeing in properties to know if I have the correct icon?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 07:20:18 pm »

The target should be the MC executable, rather than the installation executable.

"C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 25\Media Center 25.exe"
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up