INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: .scn file created when ripping cd??  (Read 1672 times)

BlackHat

• nothing more to say...
.scn file created when ripping cd??
« on: January 21, 2003, 05:21:02 pm »

I ripped a couple of CDs, (I had been using WMP, and wanted to try out MJ [8.0.393])

Well in the folder where the songs were placed (ripped as .mp3s) in addition to the "Song1.mp3" "Song2.mp3" "Song3.mp3" files were some .scn files. "Song1.scn" "Song2.scn", "Song3.scn".

What are they?

Later,
BlackHat

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: .scn file created when ripping cd??
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2003, 04:26:24 am »

Well it could be shorthand for scan or screen, but I'll bet it is something WMP (if version 9) added (even though it probably wasn't running). I think it has something to do with copy protection (Secure Copy something). Try moving them out of the directory...see what happens.

10-27

edit > Hold on...it is probably this

BlackHat

• nothing more to say...
Re: .scn file created when ripping cd??
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2003, 04:09:05 pm »

Well,  my WMP is ver 8, so it probably wasn't WMP, and I dont have RA, so it probably wasn't "This" :)

Deleting the files had no effect on either MJ or WMP.

But on further checking, I found that the .scn files were not created on the day I ripped the songs (using MJ).  They were created just a few days ago.  Around the time I was trying out a couple of music players.  [BPM-Studio 4, and MUSICMATCH Jukebox] One of them appears to have created a .scn file for every .mp3 that is in and ARTIST\ALBUM\ folder.  But not the ones in a generic "Good Stuff" folder that was not ripped from a CD.

Later,
BlackHat
Pages: [1]   Go Up