INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Series - two episodes concolidated to on - Get Movie & TV Info has a problem  (Read 530 times)

Manfred

• Citizen of the Universe

I name series like that:

SeriesName.SxxEyy.Episodename

If the TV provider had two 45 min Episodes consolidated to one 90 min Episode, then typically GetMovie & TV Info does not work because e.g. the original numeration was 1 to 10 and now its 1 to 5.

I do manually correct that.

Any idea how to do it better?
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

blgentry

I get the general idea, but I would like to see an example for some specifics. 

It occurs to me that maybe this is a matter of DVD ordering versus original ordering.  MC has an option to select DVD ordering, which sometimes has very different episode numbers than the original airing did.

Brian.

lepa

• MC Beta Team

This is valid issue and from time to time there is manual labour to be done because of this. Not exactly MC's problem even though MC could try to be clever and combine data from two episodes if it gets many episode numbers for scraping metadata.

There are for example series where on storyline is always 2 episodes long and sometimes broadcast companies have copies in which those two episodes are already combined and wholy story is broadcasted as one. There are also quite many season starts or finales where episodes can be combined or not. I have some amount of S01E01-E02 stuff and also S01E23-E24 and there are no credits between the episodes. Sometimes using DVD order may help but not even nearly always. Not a biggie but still some manual work.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team

Perhaps we should request that if the episode field contains something like "1+2" that the description or other metadata for both episodes is added to the fields. I currently do this manually for Description

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi

Perhaps we should request that if the episode field contains something like "1+2" that the description or other metadata for both episodes is added to the fields. I currently do this manually for Description

That would be pretty slick, I do it manually as well.

darky

• Junior Woodchuck

seriename. S06E22 S06E23. One for the Ages - The Grand Gesture_mkv_JRSidecar

I have them named like this...seems to be recognized by JRiver
(I am not 100% sure as I do some pre tagging with TMM or MetaX)

**edit**
I deleted the info on the episode and re added it.
It is TMM that shows the single file as 2 episodes. It is not recognized by JRiver as such. JRiver takes the latest episode.

Manfred

Thanks for the responses:

seriename. S06E22 S06E23. One for the Ages - The Grand Gesture_mkv_JRSidecar

I will test it.
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )
Pages: [1]   Go Up