INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is the new version better?  (Read 719 times)

runner2468

Is the new version better?
« on: August 14, 2019, 08:06:17 pm »

Hi
I am new to the forum but not JRiver, I have version 19 and was wondering what an upgrade will do for me particularly with ripping CD's - is the new version better at doing this and is audio better with new versions?
My system is an old laptop running Windows 10 Home latest version on Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2410m CPU @2.3 GHZ, Ram 4 GB, 64bit x64 processor. Your help will be much appreciated

thanks

pfm555

• World Citizen
Re: Is the new version better?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 09:20:04 pm »

I have never used JRiver to rip CD's so i cant offer an opinion on ripping. i will tell you IMO 25 is superior in almost every way to 19.  The addition of Streaming and Cloudplay are worth the upgrade alone. i have a very large music collection and i have found myself listening to more music than i have in a long time and it is due to Streaming and Cloudplay. Hope this helps.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 09:48:22 pm »

A lot of things have improved, but I don't think CD ripping has particularly changed. In fact there were some issues with CD ripping at one stage, which have since been fixed.

Do some light reading (with search to help) and find out: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes

Perhaps look at some of the stickies in each version's forum as well. Lots of NEW: headings.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

runner2468

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 11:11:38 pm »

thanks guys

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 10:40:28 am »

Also, you can install the free trial right along side your MC19 installation.  Run MC25 for 30 days and see if you like it.  When it times out you can buy it if you like it.  Or you can delete it if you don't.  The trial is full featured:  Everything works just like the paid version.

Brian.

EdBrady

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2019, 09:58:23 pm »

MC25 is definitely worth the upgrade due to the Cloudplay feature, plus a 64-bit version is now available.
Pages: [1]   Go Up