INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PDA plugin and Media Server  (Read 852 times)

rjcrum

• Recent member
  • Sunnyvale, CA
PDA plugin and Media Server
« on: May 09, 2003, 09:51:15 am »

Steve,

The new PDA plugin 9.0.02 still doesn't work for me with Media Server...

I just bought Media Center (wow!), got my registration key, freshly installed the version that shows on the download page (170) and installed the newest PDA plugin (9.0.02).

I scanned for new media, and it found my mp3 files.  I started the Media Server, and then did a File | Library to point to the Media Server.  I created a Smartlist, and then did a "select all" of the resulting playlist and dragged and dropped it into the path "CD, DVD and Handhelds/Windows CE/Storage Card/Music", or in other words the "Music" folder on the storage card on my iPaq PDA.

I clicked on the "Windows CE" object, and saw the list of files queued for download.  When I mashed the 'upload files' button, I got the error "Unable to locate file....(with the file path shown). Check the filename or path" (or something like that).  So...it still doesn't like to download files from the Media Server to my iPaq.

I then just pointed MC9 to the "default" library, did the same smartlist, select all, drag and drop on the path to my iPaq, and mashed the 'upload' button....and it is doing it, no problems, as I write this.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Bob

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: PDA plugin and Media Server
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2003, 10:46:26 am »

Bob,

Could you get MC 9.0.172 from....

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=display;num=1052426785

and try again. The version of MC you have may not have the code that will enable what you are trying to do.

Steve

rjcrum

• Recent member
  • Sunnyvale, CA
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2003, 01:33:50 pm »

Steve,

I got version .172  and installed it.  Went through all I went through before, and....

It's uploading to my PDA as we speak!  Through the Media Server!  (It's only on the first of 4 test files, so I'll see if it makes it all the way through...)

I'll let you know if there are any other problems.  Thanks!  I'm sorry I didn't try the newest MC version; I just assumed that it was fixed in the PDA plugin.

Cheers,
Bob

PS:  From reading all the other posts, it appears that this responsiveness is typical.  I agree with another poster; it's unusual, and also nice to see.  Keep it up!  This is what wins customers.

rjcrum

• Recent member
  • Sunnyvale, CA
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2003, 02:02:58 pm »

Steve,

It just got done uploading 4 files to my iPaq PDA through the Media Server.

Looks like it's fixed!

Thanks,
Bob

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2003, 02:08:25 pm »

Thanks for letting me know it worked out.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up