INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mini-me resize?  (Read 991 times)

dkan24

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
mini-me resize?
« on: May 08, 2003, 10:05:56 pm »

Is there any way to make mini-me larger?  I like the simple interface, but it is too small for my screen.  I tried dragging the edges and looking for options but could not find anything.

thanks.

V-Man

Re: mini-me resize?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2003, 02:51:39 am »

You can't resize mini-me skins, that'd be too complicated. Just choose a different mini-me skin that appeals to you - download if necessary.

dkan24

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2003, 03:06:47 am »

Aren't they all basically the same size?  Are there any that can fill up the whole screen?  

LisaRCT

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2003, 05:38:43 am »

Yes there are full-screenable skins, , they are called 'Mega-Me Skins'
whereas 'Mini-Me' skins are designed to be 'Mini'.
You can try 'Hairstyle' for full screen.
Or, if you are willing to give it a try, perhaps you can modify an existing 'Mini-Me' skin or create your own.
BTW, some 'Mini-Me' skins are larger than others.

V-Man

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2003, 05:56:09 am »

I think you'll find almost everyone who regularly uses MC in mini-me mode wants a skin that occupies minimal screen real-estate. So almost every skin is small - there are however several skins which are very minimal in features, ie the standard buttons plus scrolling title. This makes them clearer to read than others.

Frankly I don't see any reason to change from the extremely functional and practical LowerRight skin. It's not the easiest to read but it is tiny and easy to use, and it's designed to fit in the most convenient place of all - just above the system tray. I never find that it gets in the way.

whoeveryouare

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2003, 06:18:55 am »

I totally sympathize with dkan24.  Mini-me skins are nice in concept, but they're all totally useless when you run the kind of resolution I do (1920x1200).   :(

dkan24

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2003, 08:41:59 am »

I am new to MC/MJ, but I am finding that I want a little of each screen (mega, mini, hairstyle) as one main screen.  

I need to read it at a distance and control it with a remote.  For that hairstyle is good (although not as polished as MyHTPC).

But I also want the information on screen that mini-me provides such as current track, playlist, time, transport controls, and cover art.

I have been using Winamp for a year now on my 32 inch HDTV.  I love having the double size player, with the playlist editor enlarged  to fill the rest of the screen.  It is very simple, and easy to use and see.  

But I am finding that MC9 gives me features that I love as well, such as Netremote, great database, and dual zones.  

I guess as Hairstyle becomes more polished, it will fit my needs.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up