INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC9 doesn't recognise my Canon PowerShot A70  (Read 718 times)

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
MC9 doesn't recognise my Canon PowerShot A70
« on: May 09, 2003, 02:33:36 am »

I bought my first digital camera, a Canon PowerShot A70 on Sunday.  It all works fine with my PC. The Canon software is able to see the camera and transfer images from it. I can also see it in Windows XP under the Scanners and Camera list. I can browse to it using this list and view or transfer images successfully.

I also tried accessing the camera via MC9 9.0.170 using the File > Acquire Image option.  I set the image source to Digital Camera and clicked on Select. MC9 said gave an error to saying "MC9 cannot detect your digital camera etc".

I am able to acquire the image from the camera in MC9 by setting the image source to scanner and selecting the camera's TWAIN driver but I would prefer to use the correct method.

How can I get MC9 to detect my new camera properly?

Cmagic

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Enjoying life with a little music....
Re: MC9 doesn't recognise my Canon PowerShot A70
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2003, 03:48:42 am »

Hi,

I have the same problem with My Canon S30.
It is due to the fact that the USB access to the internal Compact Flash is not designed to be used as a removable hard disk as it is the case for other manufacturers. Canon relies on a USB WIA driver that you should have installed. This way you can get access to your Canon camera from within software such as PSP7, Photoshop, etc.
Unfortunately it seems like the "Acquire image" feature of MC does not recognize WIA drivers. That's one of the weak point of MC for a digital imaging usage.

What I personaly do is to use a CompactFlash reader. Anyway I don't use MC to retrieve my images, but that's another story.

C.
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
Re: MC9 doesn't recognise my Canon PowerShot A70
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2003, 04:57:33 am »

Thanks for the reply. I haven't got round to getting a compact flash reader yet since I haven't found a USB2 device in stock yet. I thought I'd give my new toy a try with MC9 just to see if it worked. Obviously it doesn't work so I'll use the Canon software or something else instead.
Pages: [1]   Go Up