INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Astell & Kern Jr - Why is music only showing up on the device in "Folders?"  (Read 2127 times)

Primaveralillie

OK so maybe I'm a bit late to AK Jr train, but my beloved ipod classic died right before Christmas and I needed a replacement ASAP. I don't do music on my phone, but I do have a crap-ton of music and some very intricate playlists. I used Media Monkey and have been trying to get up to speed on Foobar now. (I've never used itunes, hate the program, love the player.) Basically, I like to manage my own music. Reviews for this player were stellar all over the place, so I impulse bought it.

Life ensued, and I never got an opportunity to really play with this thing until now. Imagine my horror when I find I can't locate music on it anywhere but "Folders," playlists won't transfer from my music mgt programs and where, as a fix, I loaded an "album" that was just a playlist I compiled into a data folder and named (i.e. Beatles Favs), if the original album is already in the player, the song would play twice or more when you listen to it.

In looking for a solution, NOW I see all these threads about how limited the music management is. Curses!!!! PLEASE tell me that since 2015 someone has come up with some solutions to these basic mp3 player function problems, or I have a $200 hard drive for music and not an mp3 player. (Damn you Apple for killing the Classic.)

Thoughts, A&K experts?

schnaawj

I was wondering if anyone replied to your post or if you figured it out on your own.
I also bought a JR and can send music to the player fine but the player doesn't recognize the playlists.
I can see the playlists in the playlist directory but the player doesn't see them. They are in a m3u file format.
Is there something that needs to be done to enable the player to see t
hem?

Absinthe

are you trying to load the m3u playlist INTO MC or into another player?  What player are you using?

MarSies

• Galactic Citizen
  • Keep on doing mambo ...

Is the problem still there?

I have an AK240, AK380 and the SP1000. I also experience several problems in combination with Media Center. The playlists that work for me have the extension pla. Maybe this will help you.

MBraxAK

OK so maybe I'm a bit late to AK Jr train, but my beloved ipod classic died right before Christmas and I needed a replacement ASAP. I don't do music on my phone, but I do have a crap-ton of music and some very intricate playlists. I used Media Monkey and have been trying to get up to speed on Foobar now. (I've never used itunes, hate the program, love the player.) Basically, I like to manage my own music. Reviews for this player were stellar all over the place, so I impulse bought it.

Life ensued, and I never got an opportunity to really play with this thing until now. Imagine my horror when I find I can't locate music on it anywhere but "Folders," playlists won't transfer from my music mgt programs and where, as a fix, I loaded an "album" that was just a playlist I compiled into a data folder and named (i.e. Beatles Favs), if the original album is already in the player, the song would play twice or more when you listen to it.

In looking for a solution, NOW I see all these threads about how limited the music management is. Curses!!!! PLEASE tell me that since 2015 someone has come up with some solutions to these basic mp3 player function problems, or I have a $200 hard drive for music and not an mp3 player. (Damn you Apple for killing the Classic.)

Thoughts, A&K experts?

Has anyone answered this for you yet or have you figured this out. I just started to use this program and I have the exact same problem
Pages: [1]   Go Up