INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: m4a File Not Supported  (Read 669 times)

Nicholas T

• Junior Woodchuck
m4a File Not Supported
« on: September 08, 2019, 11:00:19 pm »

Hi,

My phone is the LG V40 and I'm using a 256GB micro SD Card to hold my music.

With my SD Card in a card reader, I can speedily sync my music of various formats, including m4a downloaded from iTunes, with no problem. That's great for large music uploads.

However, for small uploads, I plug my V40 plugged in via USB but then all of the m4a files are flagged with File Not Supported. (see pic).

The USB Connection type on my phone I'm using is - File Transfer (Transfer documents and media files to the connected device).

MC won't move forward without removing those files from the sync.

Also, I'm finding that if I change some properties, such as Genre, it's not updating those existing files with the new properties on my phone after the sync.  Should that be happening?

Cheers,
Nicholas

LGV40, Samsung Tab S7+ & Sony WH1000XM4 = some peace in the chaos.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: m4a File Not Supported
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 01:35:40 am »

Read these Wiki articles. Again. Thoroughly.
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Sync_Handheld
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Handheld_Sync_Options

First, when you sync using the two different methods you mention, MC thinks you are syncing to two different devices. Hence, it can't manage the files the way it is supposed to and will see files synced using one method as not required with the other method. Maybe you could work around the issue, but the easiest thing to do is select one method and always use that. Always syncing to the microSD card would make sense.

However, for small uploads, I plug my V40 plugged in via USB but then all of the m4a files are flagged with File Not Supported. (see pic).

Then you probably don't have m4a files included in the "Files, Paths & More > Supported Types" Handheld Sync setting, for the sync to phone method.

MC won't move forward without removing those files from the sync.

Because they are part of a Sync to a separate device, your microSD card. See above.
Note: You get different options for different device types. i.e. A microSD card inside a phone connected via USB will show an option "Delete from handheld any files not in sync file list".

Also, I'm finding that if I change some properties, such as Genre, it's not updating those existing files with the new properties on my phone after the sync.  Should that be happening?

Options > Handheld > Resync if date modified has changed.

Make sure you are writing those tags you want to see updated on the phone to the audio files. Genre, as an example, is written to audio files.
"Options > Library & Folders > Manage Library Fields > {select a field} > Save in file tags (when possible)".
"Options > General > Importing & Tagging > Update tags when file info changes".
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Nicholas T

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: m4a File Not Supported
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 05:42:10 pm »

Thanks for the information. I appreciate that.

Cheers,
Nicholas
LGV40, Samsung Tab S7+ & Sony WH1000XM4 = some peace in the chaos.
Pages: [1]   Go Up