INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 25 won't burn audio CD  (Read 557 times)

tuneup

• Galactic Citizen
MC 25 won't burn audio CD
« on: September 04, 2019, 04:37:59 am »

I have put an unused CD-R in my desktop drive and it is recognized as blank by Windows 7 Pro, which offers the choice to Burn a CD using Media Center. Whether i select this choice or close the window and follow the usual MC method, I keep getting the message "There is no disc." See:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxbu9hzseqlzjvh/Screenshot%202019-09-04%2001.41.04.png?dl=0

I eject and reload the disc, click Refresh and still get the same message. I have tried different blank CDs and also tried using a Mac Superdrive, but keep getting the same result. The CDs are high quality Taiyo Yuden, which I regularly use in a Tascam CD dual drive copier for both live recording and copying with no problem.   

I need to burn my Demo Playlist before I go to the RMAF show Thursday morning. Help! 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC 25 won't burn audio CD
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 07:25:07 am »

Windows interfering?  Or antivirus?

Can MC read a CD that's been burned?

Power off and back on?

tuneup

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MC 25 won't burn audio CD
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 02:58:17 pm »

Thanks Jim. I turned off anti-virus, but I also did something I hadn't tried before, which I suspect is what actually solved the problem. I had previously highlight the playlist above and it appeared in the large part of the MC window at right. Because I saw Demo PlayIist 1 in the action window, I had then clicked on Burn both in the action window and one other place (possibly the menu icon at upper left of action window, which I can't see now during the burn process). This time I had the intuition to also drag and drop Demo PlayIist 1 from the Playlist list above the action window. This step is what actually allowed the burn to begin. While I saw this as step 5 in the CD burning wiki article, I didn't do it because the action window already said Demo Playlist 1, which to me meant that the files were already there. It seems counter-intuitive to me to have the Playlist name there before the files are there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up