INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UPnP device functions, but doesn't appear in list  (Read 1006 times)

_jal

• Recent member
UPnP device functions, but doesn't appear in list
« on: September 02, 2019, 06:11:50 pm »

I have what feels like a strange issue. Or at least, I'm at a loss how to continue troubleshooting.

Quick setup description: I have a central MC25 instance on a Debian VM, all it does is serve media. I have two rPis attached to amps and speakers, and a Cambridge Audio 851N. This has worked beautifully since I set it up a couple years ago.

Now, the 851N no longer appears in my MC "server" instance.  If I use the awkward built-in controller app on the 851N, it sees MC, and I can navigate to a song and play it. But the device no longer appears in the "Playing Now" and I can't use MC or JRemote to initiate playing anything on it. The rPi MC instances still see it fine. (I did double-check that I'm not connecting to one of them from the 851; I am connecting to my "server".)

This system was down for a couple weeks; my VM machine died and it took me a while to find time to figure out what to replace. I did `apt-get update`, which pulled a bunch of things including a new minor MC version. I have not upgraded the rPis yet. I have yet another copy of MC on a Mac that I rarely use for anything, but I did upgrade that current, and it can also see the 951N. It is only the one instance that can't. I should note the VM server is a FreeBSD machine running things under Bhyve.

It isn't a network partition; it streams fine. I ran a long ethernet cable and ran one of the rPis off the same switch the VM server is on, no difference; also checked the port config on the switches for each and there's nothing hinky-looking. It doesn't seem to be a version issue. It could be some random library that was also upgraded, but that strikes me as unlikely. And I couldn't find any posts that looked similar.

Anyone have an idea or an angle I haven't thought of?

If you're observing Labor Day, hope it is treating you well.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: UPnP device functions, but doesn't appear in list
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 08:17:56 pm »

There are DLNA issues in the current release. See here

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,122038.msg844342.html#msg844342

_jal

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 08:45:17 am »

Ah, missed that. Thank you.

...Looks like it has a memory leak under Linux, too.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 09:25:50 am »

25.0.98 is available now.

MikeO

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2019, 04:36:20 am »

Is this fixed ?, I see my Cambridge Audio CXN without a problem, they are the same streamer unit
Pages: [1]   Go Up