INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug Report: Tab behaving inconsistently  (Read 523 times)

wburkett

• World Citizen
Bug Report: Tab behaving inconsistently
« on: September 11, 2019, 07:06:42 pm »

I looked for a "bug report" thread - couldn't find one.  This is a very minor bug - just an annoyance, really.  MC 25.0.98 Win10 machine.

When I'm entering data in tag fields:

(1) If I type something into the field and hit tab, the cursor moves to the next field - the normal expected behavior.
(2) If I copy text from another app and paste it into a field (Ctl-V), or drag text from another app into a field, the text is pasted properly but the tab key does nothing - the cursor just sits there at the end of the field text until I hit "enter" or mouse-click into another field.
(2.1) When/if I *do" hit enter, the cursor/insertion point disappears and the tag pane jump down to about the midpoint of the tag list.  I have to scroll to where I want to be and "click the cursor into" the tag field I want to enter data into.

Like I said: nothing catastrophic in any way -- just an annoyance.

This worked as expected in MC 24 and earlier.

Bill

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Bug Report: Tab behaving inconsistently
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 08:04:13 am »

I don't think I can reproduce this.  I start editing, paste some text in with Ctrl+V, and hit tab and it goes to the next field.  I tried droplists like Genre and plain edits like Name.

Any additional tips?  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

wburkett

• World Citizen
Re: Bug Report: Tab behaving inconsistently
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 01:13:00 pm »

Thanks for checking, Matt.  The behavior has been very consistent on the MC install on my machine.  You're pasting from another app, right?  Have you tried dragging text from another app into a field?  I typically do this from MS Access or from a browser (Chrome) - I haven't tried to with Word or Excel.

I just tested Word and realized an important point that I wasn't aware of until just now - so it wasn't in my original post.  I switch from the other application to MC (and back) using Alt-Tab.  If I copy something in Access or Word and than "click into" MC with my mouse and paste, then the tab behavior works correctly.  If I Alt-Tab to MC, the copied text will paste correctly but then "sticks" - tab will not move me to the next field - the behavior I described in my first post.

Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up