INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stream OneDrive w/JRiver on Windows machine?  (Read 1401 times)

dd.oliver

Stream OneDrive w/JRiver on Windows machine?
« on: September 14, 2019, 09:32:44 pm »

Is it possible to stream music from my OneDrive account (that is not stored locally) through a local install of JRiver on my Windows 10 laptop?

Would be interested to hear instructions on how to do that.

Thanks!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Stream OneDrive w/JRiver on Windows machine?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 02:20:55 am »

Did you search the forum for "OneDrive"?

OneDrive isn't a streaming service, so it downloads files before playing them. No guarantee of audio quality, if downloading isn't fast enough.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,119536.msg826836.html#msg826836

You need to find a cloud service that supports streaming if you want to do it properly.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 06:47:30 am »

Have you tried JRiver's Cloudplay?  It uses Amazon S3, not OneDrive.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 12:20:17 pm »

I'm doing this with Google Drive File Steam (the GSuite version of Google Drive).  It works well. 

When JRiver requests a file, I see FS pull the file (I have fiber, so it's fast).  I set my look-ahead preference to 20 seconds, instead of the default 6.  I tried setting the "play album from memory" but the delay at initial play was too long for my tastes.  It then tried to download the album, so it paused 30ish seconds.  A few times this was so long that MC hung.  I even tried once with a movie.  I don't know how much I'll try to play a movie this way, but it worked...
Pages: [1]   Go Up