INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 25.0.102 for Windows -- Available Here  (Read 3515 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 25.0.102 for Windows -- Available Here
« on: September 17, 2019, 08:34:33 am »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 25.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 32-bit build
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v25/latest/MediaCenter250102.exe (works on all systems)

Download 64-bit build
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v25/latest/MediaCenter250102-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

25.0.102 (9/16/2019)

1. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
2. Changed: The check for updates box closes after 60 seconds instead of 5 seconds when there's no update.
3. Fixed: SACD playback was not working.
4. Changed: Play Doctor won't factor a file as a minus file if you double-click a new track.  It will only factor as a minus if you hit the next track button.
5. Fixed: Tried to fix the issue of the Action Window crashing when closing automatically for check for updates (couldn't reproduce, so only maybe).

25.0.101 (9/14/2019)

1. NEW: Television Recording Rules can be edited in Theater View through a menu.
2. Changed: For DLNA, the next track will be sent 30 seconds before the end of the current track to devices that support SetNextAVTransportURI. (increase of 6 seconds).
3. Fixed: Media Center could crash when checking for updates while the Action Window was not shown.

25.0.100 (9/13/2019)

1. NEW: Added a dialog "Portable Library" to allow setting up the filename conversions needed between Windows, Mac, and Linux.
2. Fixed: NFO "rating" tag was not properly imported.
3. NEW: MC will import "Rating" field from the new style "ratings" tag in NFO files.
4. Changed: Updated the Chromium web engine to the latest Chrome release.
5. Changed: Web links stay visible as you visit webpages (instead of going away).
6. NEW: MC will import "Lens" field from TIFF images.
7. NEW: "Focal Length" and "F Number" from TIFF images will be displayed with one decimal place only.
8. NEW: "XResolution" and "YResolution" from TIFF images will carry a unit (dpi or ppcm).
9. Fixed: Playlists added to Gizmo views as a library item would not sort properly.
10. Fixed: Cloudplay PlayDoctor button was not working.  This is the play button that would appear when you entered a genre into the Cloudplay search box.
11. Changed: When typing a part after a semi-colon in an edit box, a suggestion will appear for the second, third, etc. string.
12. NEW: An option "Jump amount when using mouse wheel to change playback position", to allow users to select how many seconds to jump when mouse wheel is turned (1 - 30 seconds).
13. NEW: When loading from an NFO file for a video, if <rating> or <ratings> tag is not found, <userrating> will be loaded for "Rating" field.
14. Changed: The check for updates Action Window only shows for five seconds if there's no update (so you don't have to close it).
15. Changed: Switched the API call used for Theater View sound playback to hopefully be more responsive.
16. Changed: Made mouse wheel scrolling in a menu always scroll at least one item even if the scroll reported by the system is small (previously it could be discarded).
17. NEW: An option to disable mouse wheel for jumping / skipping.
18. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
19. Fixed: The Tag action window could keep applying tags incorrectly when editing a list field.
20. NEW: String literals can be defined in expressions by using /* comment here /*.  The text will be output without any formatting.
21. NEW: When playing a television channel the OSD program info display will include a "currently recording" or "scheduled to be recorded" symbol in the current and next program names.
22. Fixed: The Tempo & Pitch DSP could crash when fed more then 16 channel, instead it'll gracefully disable now until the limit can be raised.
23. Changed: Made the pane right-click menu show even when the view is locked (it will just disable most the items).
24. Fixed: Loudness could produce a subtle tick when starting playback again.
25. Fixed: Pressing Ctrl+A after opening the tag window would not select all in the file list.

25.0.99 (9/4/2019)

1. NEW: TIFF images' "Date", "Artist", and "Description" etc. tags will be imported.
2. Fixed: Right-click in the installer's install path edit control would crash.
3. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Stefan and Bytestar).
4. Changed: Updated Italian translation (thanks matteo e massimo).
5. Changed: Made all the colors discrete for 7.1 playback in Analyzer (instead of looping previous colors).
6. Fixed: With right visualizations showing the rating could get scrunched.
7. NEW: Save the platform along with a database as platform.jmd.
8. NEW: Added a "Move to Top" and "Move to Bottom" selection for the Tag window templates.
9. NEW: Some tags in EXIF private IFD are imported from TIFF image files (focal length, F-number, ISO, shutter speed, etc.).
10. Fixed: Panel - Blocked some text from becoming highlighted when using sliders.
11. Changed: Panel - The "no files in playing now" error message now displays the current zone as a link to the settings page.

25.0.98 (8/30/2019)

1. Changed: Brought the equalizer back to Media Editor.
2. Fixed: The equalizer wasn't engaging on the surround right channel.

25.0.97 (8/30/2019)

1. NEW: A new TV channel editing option "Fill 'Channel #' column with current custom channel order number", available through Right-click menu on "Channel #" column header.
2. Changed: Updated Italian translation (thanks matteo e massimo).
3. Changed: Made TIF import get the camera from the header.
4. NEW: Added an option "Lower and slimmer OSD" on Video playback options.
5. Fixed: On import, we would not set the album from the date if we had just set the date from the file's time.
6. NEW: Replaced the 10 band graphical equalizer with the high quality parametric equalizer code.  Should solve artifacts that have been reported.
7. Changed: The equalizer is commented out of the Media Editor for the time being.

25.0.96 (8/27/2019)

1. NEW: Added the option to show the spectrum analyzers in the player independently for the left and right channels.
2. Changed: Updated Italian translation (thanks matteo e massimo).
3. Changed: Updated the Korean translation (thanks Junghwan).
4. Changed: Made the "Library Views" view header for a library view always show (instead of only when the tree is hidden).
5. Changed: Changed how video conversion fix (in previous build) is done so that it more closely preserves the original video without having to drop many video frames.
6. Changed: Panel - If accessing the Cloudplay page when playing to the browser, the user will be redirected to the home page with a message.
7. Changed: Panel - On the Cloudplay page, only one list can be expanded at a time. Expanding a new list will collapse the previous list.
8. NEW: Added the pane option "Filter panes based on selection" to allow turning off filtering of other panes based on the selection in panes.
9. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 4.92.  Improves compression of four channel files.  (Thanks Matt)
10. Changed: Slovenian translation updated (thanks Lorem Ipsum).
11. Changed: Files of the type m4b are no longer renamed to mp4 for internal use.
12. Fixed: Compressed dff files (DTS) were returning the wrong block length which resulted in files that were too short in duration during transcoding.

25.0.95 (8/23/2019)

1. NEW: Updated to Monkey's Audio 4.89.  Adds support for more than two channel files.
2. Fixed: Import could crash because the new bitrate code didn't handle files without a duration.
3. NEW: Added an MCC to show the playerbar in Display View (code: 22038).  The parameter (optional) is how long to show for.
4. Changed: Reworked how Play Doctor searches online for files so that it uses the original search instead of a processed copy (that might not mean the same thing).
5. Fixed: When converting a poor quality video, such as TV recordings with signal issues, audio and video could be out of synchroniztion.
6. Changed: Panel - The hardcoded buttons on the home page were rendering in a separate row.
7. NEW: Panel - Added lists for latest and popular Cloudplay playlists to the Cloudplay page.
8. Changed: Panel - The volume slider will display the current volume level when actively using it or when hovering over it.
9. Changed: Panel - When actively using the main thumbnail page slider, the display showing the letter selected will be in the center of the page.
10. Changed: Panel - Cloudplay favorites and all playlists are sorted alphabetically.
11. NEW: Added an MCC to set the player text between standard and alternative (code: 22039).  The parameter is the state (-1 toggles).
12. Changed: Reworked how duplicates are managed for Cloud Play so files that aren't going to be played won't be trimmed.
13. Fixed: MIDI audio with file extensions ".rmi" and ".rmid" could not be played if playback type was "Automatic".

25.0.94 (8/20/2019)

1. Fixed: Mp4 videos were imported as audio.
2. Changed: Panel - The Playlists button on the Cloudplay page now shows as loading until it receives the list of Cloudplay playlists.
3. Changed: DLNA: change the SetNextAVTransportURI timing from track end - 18 to track end - 24 to help with slow renderers.
4. Changed: Cloudplay now does a better job of handling the 'back' button when returning from other Media Center views. It's better (not perfect) at preserving the last view.

25.0.93 (8/19/2019)

1. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 4.84.
2. Changed: Made the MCWS call UserInterface/GetStreaming return an error if the streaming feature is off.
3. Fixed: A possible crash saving options (if one of the features was off).
4. Changed: When right-clicking a file if there are no zones, it will say it in the menu instead of n/a.
5. Changed: Panel - Improved the performance when browsing categories.
6. NEW: Panel - Added last action to the top of the file context menu.
7. Changed: Panel - The Cloudplay playlists section will render much faster.
8. Changed: Panel - The Cloudplay playlists button will show up after the list of playlists has finished loading.
9. Fixed: Panel - The Cloudplay token could become invalid, but Panel would still think it was valid.
10. Changed: Panel - Removed the sign out button from the Cloudplay page now that the issue with invalid tokens is fixed.
11. Changed: Panel - The additional playback controls menu will now hide after making a selection.
12. Fixed: Panel - Clearing the playing now list when it was empty would cause a crash.
13. Fixed: Panel - The playback state would sometimes get set incorrectly when playing to a zone other than the browser.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
Re: JRiver Media Center 25.0.102 for Windows -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 12:19:09 pm »

With this version, the crash after a few seconds is back. Reverting to 101 resolved the issue for me.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 12:22:59 pm »

Would you provide a crash log?

Instructions here:
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Logging

Thanks.

DocLotus

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 12:32:15 pm »

Sure. I re-installed 102, activated the log & am waiting for the crash.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

DocLotus

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 12:38:18 pm »

Weird. Re-installing 102 after 101 seems to have resolved the problem... no more crashes after a few seconds of playing music. Can't explain it. Will keep my eye on it.

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2019, 09:02:30 am »

The last version it seems to have a problem with editing tags inside. I watch that error and it seems is everywhere not only when modified data in lyrics but other tags. I will revert back to few version back because that wasn't a problem.

UncleMilt

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2019, 11:20:44 am »

In the latest version 25.0.102, when selecting Streaming category from left bar - the streaming selections are properly displayed as icons.

However, when I select Google images, Google Video or YouTube icons, I receive a blank screen - with the following displayed in the tab:

“localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/Userinterface/Show?View =Streaming: Google Images”

When I select Radio Paradise icon, the 4 radio paradise channel icons are displayed.

However, when selecting one of the RP channel icons, I receive a blank screen with a similar “localhost: 52199…” message displayed in the tab.

My radio paradise button I placed in the customize toolbar, however properly streams radio paradise?

Please let me know if I have a set up problem?
Most grateful, UncleMilt

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2019, 11:28:11 am »

In the latest version 25.0.102, when selecting Streaming category from left bar - the streaming selections are properly displayed as icons.

However, when I select Google images, Google Video or YouTube icons, I receive a blank screen - with the following displayed in the tab:

“localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/Userinterface/Show?View =Streaming: Google Images”

When I select Radio Paradise icon, the 4 radio paradise channel icons are displayed.

However, when selecting one of the RP channel icons, I receive a blank screen with a similar “localhost: 52199…” message displayed in the tab.

My radio paradise button I placed in the customize toolbar, however properly streams radio paradise?
I'll move this to a new thread.  I don't see those problems.

My internal web browser is set to IE.  You can try changing it under Tree and View in MC Options.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2019, 11:49:32 am »

Please let me know if I have a set up problem?

I think you may need to turn Media Network on.

UncleMilt

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2019, 11:51:14 am »

I'll move this to a new thread.  I don't see those problems.

My internal web browser is set to IE.  You can try changing it under Tree and View in MC Options.

My browser was set to Chromium.
Works "as expected" when changed back to IE!

Many Thanks
UncleMilt

wer

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2019, 11:08:46 am »

GroupCount produces incorrect results when used in thumbnail text in standard view

GroupSummary sometimes produces incorrect results for mathematical operations when used in thumbnail text in standard view.  GroupSummary(Rating) effectively returns Math(Int(GroupSummary(Rating))) which is often a different value and thus not correct.

Both GroupCount and GroupSummary work perfectly in Theater View.

Pages: [1]   Go Up