INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio playback plays 1 sec of track and stops  (Read 949 times)

novice2

• Recent member
Audio playback plays 1 sec of track and stops
« on: September 25, 2019, 06:12:42 pm »

I was having trouble playing back using MC24. I decided to just upgrade to 25. Did so and now playback from any trac in my music library seems to start playback, it goes to 1 sec time elapsed and stops.

IS there an easy way to find out how to fix this?

dexterwinter

• Recent member
Re: Audio playback plays 1 sec of trac and stops
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 06:19:38 pm »

I am having the same problem

novice2

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 06:21:39 pm »

So is this the best way to get an answer at how to fix? Have you posted about this problem already? If yes can I assume you have not got a solution yet?

dexterwinter

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 06:29:45 pm »

I just registered, so I am new to the forum.  I have not had any  problems with MC25 until now.  Typically, I have had to reboot the computer and the issue is resolved when I start up again. 

novice2

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2019, 06:35:45 pm »

I tried a reboot. I suppose I could try that again.

tij

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2019, 08:22:36 pm »

It helps when posting problem to provide some details ... Windows version ... MC version ... which sound card or DAC ... DS, WASAPI, or ASIO ... and other relevant setting you think might help troubleshooting
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

dexterwinter

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2019, 06:47:24 pm »

Thanks.  Makes perfect sense.
My system info.
Ideacntre AIO 730S-24IKB, Intel Core i7-8550U CPU @ 1.8 GHz 199 GHz,
RAM 8 GB, 64 Bit operating system, x64 based processor, 1 TB HDD
Windows 10 Home, Version 1903

MC25 version 25.0.98

The problem typically happens right after I import songs from a file or create a new playlist.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Audio playback plays 1 sec of track and stops
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2019, 06:50:33 pm »

Antivirus?

Are the files local?  Or on a NAS or external drive?

Are you playing locally?  Or to another device?

dexterwinter

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2019, 07:53:55 pm »

Windows Defender, playing local files from the HD.  This happens after I download from Bandcamp and move the files to MC25, but also after an HD Tracks download which feeds directly into MC25.  Once it happens, it affects all tracks.  A reboot usually fixes the problem. This did start after I upgraded to MC25, but it was not immediately after the upgrade, so I suspect it is something else going on. 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2019, 09:00:20 pm »

This isn't a problem with MC.  Sorry.  I don't know what it is.  But start by configuring Windows Defender.  There is a thread here that provides details.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2019, 09:07:21 pm »

As Jim asked, what are you playing to?

It sounds like you could be playing to a DLNA Renderer which isn't configured correctly. Although in that case MC normally tries to play for five seconds, and then stops.

Tell us about your output device, or check that it is set up correctly, and also check that it works for normal Windows sounds or with other software, if you can. As you say "Once it happens, it affects all tracks", it sounds like MC plays files fine for a while, and then stops working. That sounds like a hardware/driver/firmware issue.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

dexterwinter

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2019, 08:22:08 pm »

Roderick,
Thanks for the advice and pointing me in the right direction.  I am running this through my Hegel Rost amplifier using SPDIF Interface (TE7022 Audio w/SPDIF). Under MC25 Media Network, I changed the setting to Use Media Network to Access this Library and enable DLNA.  I have imported a number of files after this change without a problem in playback.
Dan
Pages: [1]   Go Up