INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater view bug: Duplicated Thumbnails  (Read 1822 times)

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Theater view bug: Duplicated Thumbnails
« on: September 28, 2019, 04:56:38 pm »

EDIT: The 106 thread disappeared from the top, but I saw it and posted there; sorry for the duplication.

Since the 25.0.104 thread is locked, I'll post here.

There is a bug in theater view in 25.0.106 (and 104) that causes thumbnails or posters to be duplicated in some views.

Please see the attached image for proof, with the duplications circled.  Those movies of course only exist once in my database.  It happens for audio or video files, if this view style is used.

Could this please be fixed?

Thanks!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Theater view bug: Duplicated Thumbnails
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 08:19:42 pm »

I struggled to find anything similar. The closest occurrence was when I actually had two different versions of a movie, or where two different file types were imported into MC because of the file type in Auto Import.

But then I found one. However, when I drilled into the details the duplication disappeared. Then when I backed out of the View, refreshed the page, changed Views, and went back in, the duplication was still gone.

I even closed MC and re-opened it. The duplication was still gone.

So it seems to be a transient indexing thing. A bit hard to fix I would guess. It is possible that for the example I found I used to have two copies, had deleted one, and the indexing hadn't been updated, and wasn't until I looked at the detailed View for the Genre. Maybe that is fixable, but a fix might slow Theatre View.

I tested on a Client connected to my HTPC MC Server.

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

wer

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2019, 09:18:20 pm »

My movies never had two copies, and I was testing on the local installation.  No networking involved.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2019, 09:52:16 pm »

Do your duplicates disappear once you have drilled into the detail and back out again?

I just used the Client for convenience, but thought I should mention it.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

wer

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2019, 10:03:14 pm »

I think it's more accurate to say different items get duplicated.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2019, 10:54:38 pm »

I wonder if it is just the thumbnail that is incorrectly indexed. That happens. The only way to fix it is to delete the thumbnail databases and rebuild them.

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2019, 10:58:55 pm »

those duplicates ... when played - playing same file?
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2019, 11:01:01 pm »

Impossible to know, at least on my system, because as soon as you select the details (Genre group) to check that out, the duplication disappears.

Hence, thumbnail problem, I suspect.

wer

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2019, 11:11:22 pm »

If the thumbnail cache were corrupt, thumbnails elsewhere would be affected.

Only this view in theater view exhibits problems.  All standard view thumbnails are fine, all other views types in theater view are fine.

This particular view style  in theater view is different, perhaps because it is animated.  But this view has had its own problems in the past, and they were bugs Matt had to fix.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2019, 11:17:36 pm »

I found another instance in the Genre "TV Movie", which showed two copies of "The Count of Monte Cristo". I could watch what happened properly as there were only two movies in the Genre.

As soon as I went into the detail for the Genre, the second instance changed to "Sharknado". Both movies played the correct file.

It is a thumbnail indexing, or possibly thumbnail caching issue. If it is happening often, delete and (re)build thumbnails again, on the PC that is seeing the issue, not the server.

If the thumbnail cache were corrupt, thumbnails elsewhere would be affected.

Nope. The indexing gets out of whack, and you see stuff like this. Most thumbnails are indexed correctly, but some have the wrong link. It could be just caching, which is fixed when the Genre detail is selected. Or the offset in the file is wrong, or the View uses an old cached offset, and the thumbnail has moved in the database. There may be something Matt can do about that.

wer

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2019, 03:54:29 am »

Deleting and rebuilding the thumbnail cache has no effect on this issue.

wer

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2019, 06:24:58 pm »

I've confirmed this is a bug in the OpenGL path of Theater View.

I tested on a previous version that still allowed selection of the Direct3D Theater View.

If you selected D3D, no problem with duplicated posters in the Line Up view.  If you switch to OpenGL, you get the duplicate posters as shown in my pic above.  Same system, same version, same cache.

Switch back and forth and the duplicates appear or disappear according to whether you are in OpenGL or D3D.

There is precedent for this sort of bug. 24.0.34 had this:
Fixed: Cover Art images were missing in OpenGL Theater View Line Up views.
That was a bug only with the OpenGL; D3D was not missing the images in that case.

thorsten

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2019, 05:20:44 am »

Hi,
I have the same issue. It seems to be only with "special" views like IMDB-ranking or year. The normal views (e.g. wall, alphabetic) don't seem to be corrupted.
BR

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2019, 12:40:52 pm »

I think I reproduced this.  I'll follow up after I learn more.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

wer

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2019, 12:55:14 pm »

Thank you, Matt.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2019, 01:20:05 pm »

The issue was with the way we were caching entries.  We were looking at the whole set of stack files, but the whole stack gets passed in multiple times if there are multiple images.

So instead I switched to keying off the file key of the active entry.  I'm doing a build, and hopefully it'll all be good.

Thanks for the help on this one.

wer

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2019, 01:27:02 pm »

If you mean stack as in https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Stacks  there aren't any of those types of stacks involved in my testing, just regular thumbnails/posters/cover-art.

While you're in there, I've noticed this Lineup view can have significant framerate drops and stuttering when trying to rapidly scroll through a lot of lineups, even running off an SSD and a good CPU.  Can anything be done to cache it all in memory or something so it remains smooth when leaning on the arrow keys?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2019, 08:23:46 pm »

Should be fixed in the latest build.  Thanks for the help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up