INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing blocks of data from Excel to MJ  (Read 675 times)

timmymac

• nothing more to say...
Importing blocks of data from Excel to MJ
« on: January 21, 2003, 09:55:41 pm »

I have a large quantity of CD's which were recorded from analog records (you remember, the big 12 inch black thin wafers with grooves...), and their title/artist/track/cd info is stored in an Excel spreadsheet.  I can obviously match the columns of the Media Jukebox to match the column format of the excel spreadsheet, but is there a way to select a block of cells in excel, copy the block, and then select the corresponding block of cells in Media Jukebox and paste the range of cells in one fell swoop?   It would be nice to be able to copy all the song titles into their appropriate cells of MJ with a single paste.

My current method is to have the Excel spreadsheet open in one window, and Media Jukebox in an adjacent window.  I copy and paste one cell at a time, which is rather cumbersome.  Slow double click on cell in Excel, press ctrl-C, slow double click on the destination cell in Media Jukebox, press ctrl-V, repeat as necessary, seemingly endlessly.

Any suggestions on how to import this data more easily?

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: Importing blocks of data from Excel to MJ
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2003, 04:57:47 am »

You may be able to do something with Visual Basic (for Applications) included with MS Office, if you know the language. Not sure whether it could control MJ in the manner you would like (you would use the VB command SendKeys to fill in data). It wouldn't be terribly easy to program either.

10-27
Pages: [1]   Go Up