INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art not detected for FLAC music files  (Read 1118 times)

jakesterdog123

Cover art not detected for FLAC music files
« on: July 20, 2020, 08:24:03 pm »

I recently downloaded songs from Spotify through Sidify which had embedded artwork. However, JRiver MC 26 doesn't detect any cover art in the files. These files are in flac and I can confirm the artwork exists in the file in JPEG. It shows up in foobar. Is there a fix for this or does it need to be resolved in  development?

Edit: Attaching screenshot of issue

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover art not detected by JRIver for music files
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 08:49:02 pm »

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Cover_Art

You may need to rebuild, or build missing, thumbnails. Or wait a while for MC to do it. Or use the right-click > Cover Art > Quick find in file / Cover Art directory" function.

MC will find the art.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

jakesterdog123

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 11:18:30 pm »

I have tried all of this but it isn't working :(

jakesterdog123

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 11:41:56 pm »

Okay, just to show exactly what's going on, I'm attaching screenshots

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover art not detected for FLAC music files
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 02:54:09 am »

I guess MC isn't finding the image, given that the [Image] tag is empty.

Is there anything under the Tag Dump to give a hint? The image I have attached shows the Tag Dump area of one of my FLAC files that has an image inside the file. MC recognises there is one picture in the file. Do your files show that information?

Perhaps the image file is in another tag, or the tag it is in isn't the usual one. Does Media Info give any hints?

From memory there were some changes to allow or recognise more than one image in a file. Maybe MC sees the image, but none of them are set to the default image, or something like that. You might find details in the Release Notes in the Wiki, which might help identify in which version it stopped working for you, and hence when the problem was introduced.

I think Foobar recognises and can display all images in a file, which may be why it is able to show the Cover Art. MC only shows one image stored inside the file.

Do any other tools see the image? Even Windows Explorer should show the image.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

jakesterdog123

Re: Cover art not detected for FLAC music files
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 11:10:24 pm »

You can see in the screenshot at the top of the thread, there is only one image in the file and it is set by default as the cover. This is always the case with songs from Spotify. I don't know why MC can't see the image within the file.
Pages: [1]   Go Up