INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Syncing with my Cowon Plenue  (Read 432 times)

virgopunk

Syncing with my Cowon Plenue
« on: October 03, 2019, 09:01:53 am »

Hi, just a quick question; after tinkering with tags and album artwork on my main library, I'd like to be able to connect my DAP and then for all the updated tag info etc. to be copied to the tracks on the DAP. Is this easy to do? I ask because my instinct suggested that MC would try to copy the whole of my library to the DAP when all I want is for the metadata to be updated.

I've been reading various posts and the Sync Handheld  page of the wiki but I'm still not clear on how I could achieve what I want. Basically I want MC to scan my handheld and just update the metadata / album art where missing. What I don't want is for MC to start copying audio files onto the handheld.

So the 1st thing I need to confirm is how can I get the sync to only check the files on the handheld against the same file in the main library. I'm hoping there's an easy way to create a sync list of just these files i.e. MC shouldn't say "ah this file is in my main library but not on the handheld so I'll copy it over.". I'm maxed out on the available space on the handheld and I don't want MC to start trying to fill it up.

Just the metadata and art is all I'm looking to sync.

Grateful for any advice.

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Syncing with my Cowon Plenue
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 04:38:06 pm »

You can't change the metadata on the DAP without copying the file to the DAP, since the metadata is in the file. You can select Sync on Date modified change - which will replace any files on the DAP which have been modified since the last sync, but if a tag such as last played has changed then that file will have been modified so the file will be sent to the DAP to replace the old file, which can lead to a lot of file transfers.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......
Pages: [1]   Go Up