INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm Free (of MMJB) !!!!!!!!  (Read 1027 times)

MidPack

• Recent member
  • MC9 & iPodv3 - doesn't get much better...
I'm Free (of MMJB) !!!!!!!!
« on: May 06, 2003, 05:19:34 pm »

3 months ago I had never even ripped an mp3. 6 weeks ago I had never heard of MC9. Until Saturday, I never owned an iPod. It was a frustrating weekend and I had to resort to a complete download from the Apple CD including MMJB to get the iPod up and running. Tonight, thanks to posts by Adam (and his Users Guide), Steve and Kurt, I downloaded the latest MC9 build and plug-in, uninstalled MMJB (plug-in first), reformatted for MC9 and now I have all my tunes and playlists on my iPod! Worked perfectly on the first try. Only had to live with MMJB for two days. Couldn't be happier and couldn't have done it without all the guidance from this forum and ipodlounge, you guys are the best.

One question. I have 1042 tunes, but when MC did the sync it said 2060 tunes. In the end, the space taken up on the iPod was about right (5GB or so, alt-preset-std VBR) and "About" in iPod Settings says 1042 tunes as it should be. But why did MC9 say there were 2060 during sync just out of curiousity?

If a newbie dumbass like me can do it, I'm sure the rest of you can, get off MMJB and on to MC9.

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
Re: I'm Free (of MMJB) !!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2003, 12:38:28 am »

When MC9 synchs with your iPod it counts all the songs in the playlists/smartlists you are synching. This means that if a song appears in 2 playlists it will be counted twice. That's why MC9 reports more files when synching than are actually synched.

Welcome to the forum BTW.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2003, 05:38:17 am »

MidPack,

Glad all is working well for you and thanks for your words of encouragement.

Phil,

Thanks for posting your accurate response.

Kurt Young

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Tastes like crab, talks like people.
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2003, 11:19:41 am »

Welcome to the MC side, MidPack!  iPodders representing for MC!

Now y'all see why I evangelize so hard over at the 'lounge for MC, eh?  It's really the best solution out there for a pod-lovin guy like myself.
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync
Pages: [1]   Go Up