INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trouble with Gizmo and Chromecast  (Read 708 times)

struct

• Galactic Citizen
Trouble with Gizmo and Chromecast
« on: October 05, 2019, 06:45:10 am »

Hi,

When I use Gizmo to cast a video to my TV, everything looks great, but only for a few minutes.  Repeatably, irrespective of file, type, position in film, it pauses/freezes after a few minutes and never recovers (like a buffer fills).

I had this happen a few years ago and thought it might be one of the weird/freak problems and didn't bother to debug and bought a PC to avoid the issue.  But I have a new router, PC, phone, PC, JRiver version, TV, GoogleChromecast, city, internet provider.  The only thing that has stayed constant is the frown on the wife's face and possibly Win10.

So what am I doing wrong? Others must be streaming video files to a TV or Chromecast Ultra?

[Even just dropping a note to say it works great for you would be helpful to confirm I should try and find the problem]

Thanks for any assistance.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Trouble with Gizmo and Chromecast
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 07:52:43 pm »

I don't usually use Chromecast, and particularly not for video, but I just gave it a try.

MC Server on HTPC to Gizmo on Sony Xperia XZ Premium running Android 9 to Sony KD-65X9300D TV with Chromecast Ultra built-in.

Video plays for a few minutes and then starts buffering, and never recovers.

I didn't have a battery management exception for Gizmo so I set that. Same. I kept the screen alive. Same. Well, it played a little longer.

Not good news I'm afraid. I suspect Android changes, and maybe even the battery management changes, are the issue. With the media path I'm using above the Android phone does need to stay awake.

There is an update for JRemote for Android coming along at some time. Or there is MO 4Media, the subscription version of which casts video I believe.

Maybe someone else who uses casting regularly can provide better information.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

struct

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Trouble with Gizmo and Chromecast
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 07:18:22 am »

Thanks for going to the trouble of testing.  Sounds like the same conclusion.

Jim, anything more I can do to help confirm if this is a bug?

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up