INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Requests  (Read 64380 times)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #400 on: May 27, 2020, 01:47:53 pm »

+1 on the last.fm rating, I had the same idea yesterday!

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #401 on: May 27, 2020, 08:39:03 pm »

Speaking of Last FM.  I wish MC26 wouldn't send the playing "scrobble" info until the end of the file played to match what it does in MC26. 

Sometimes when doing housekeeping on a file, I'll get an incorrect play to Last FM by just playing the first 10 - 30 seconds. 

stewart_pk

« Reply #402 on: May 30, 2020, 10:43:47 pm »

Display the Internal Volume of JRiver on screen and over the top of any other application if need be.
I think this would go a long way to making the WDM Driver and WASAPI Loopback even more useful.

JunoAudio

• Recent member
« Reply #403 on: June 01, 2020, 04:47:33 am »

To make the existing feature usable –

Under DSP, support for VST plugins with settings available to the user in the form of simple UI.
Using Airwindows VST’s.

Thanks.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #404 on: June 02, 2020, 03:01:50 pm »

Random list of things I've recently wished for in no particular order:

• Tile view:
    • Option to control the thumbnail/overall size of individual tiles in tiles
    • Ability to display multiple columns of tiles
    • Option to edit the text shown in tiles
    • Toolbar button to switch directly to tiles view
  • Undo/Redo menu items indicate what action they're going to undo/redo
  • Autostack based on user-specified fields
  • Set stack top based on user-specified criteria (both during autostack and as a standalone Stacks option)
  • An option to configure DSP Studio on a per device basis
  • Let us choose any Integer field in our library as the "track #' field, and any field we choose for the "reset" field when using the Fill Track Numbers From List Order tool (I'd also accept an expression that already does this if somebody knows how)

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #405 on: June 02, 2020, 04:01:44 pm »

An option to configure DSP Studio on a per device basis
what's a device in this context?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #406 on: June 02, 2020, 04:24:02 pm »

what's a device in this context?

Good question. MC's audio chain is a little complex and things get a bit messy along the way. In my use case it would be whatever Windows considers the current Default Device.

In my specific context is that I have a pair of Logitech speakers, and a Logitech headset. For some reason I'm sure the true audiophiles could explain, if I'm watching a movie with multi-channel hd audio track using my headset, everything sounds great, but when I switch Windows to use my speakers, I lose the center channel completely and there's no dialog. If I then go into DSP Studio and enable Output Format, and set Channels to 2.1, then things sound normal again through my speakers. Unfortunately, I don't like the result of that through my headset, so I have to turn it off again when I switch back.

Thinking beyond that, I'm sure there are numerous times when it would be nice to have MC automatically enable different DSP settings depending on the output device.
While I'm thinking of it, it'd also be great if it could autoswitch based on user criteria, using the same search syntax in use elsewhere. Like use preset X if I'm watching a Movie, but use Y if I'm listening to Music.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #407 on: June 02, 2020, 05:57:34 pm »

This is a basically zoneswitch though I don't know whether the information you want is exposed via some sane API or not, certainly it wouldn't be os agnostic.

I would guess the requirement would be easier to meet with some sort of quick preset DSP configs though that would be tedious to manage without another previously requested feature (some way to store a delta to add to/ remove from a DSP config target than store n complete copies) which helps makes the DSP load/save/preset option v hard to use in practice

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #408 on: June 02, 2020, 06:12:55 pm »

• Undo/Redo menu items indicate what action they're going to undo/redo

This. I have fallen into the "Oh, what did I just undo?" trap, then spent some times fixing what I just broke.

Doof: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Zones

Why would you change Windows to use your speakers? Just set up one Zone in MC for your Speakers, and one Zone for your Headphones, and the set up the required DSP for each. Ctrl-T quickly switches Zones.
You can even set up multiple Zones for one Windows Audio Device, and apply different DSP settings to each, if you need to.
Use ZoneSwitch to automatically switch Zone for Movies and Music.

MC doesn't care what the Default Audio Device is in Windows. It plays to the device specified in the selected Zone, and applies the DSP specified for that Zone.
Never set MC to play to the Windows Default Audio Device. It limits your control and options enormously.
Set the Windows Default Audio Device to the WDM Driver and you can play other audio sources through MC.

Unless I am missing something in your requirements?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #409 on: June 02, 2020, 06:39:21 pm »

Doof: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Zones

Why would you change Windows to use your speakers? Just set up one Zone in MC for your Speakers, and one Zone for your Headphones, and the set up the required DSP for each. Ctrl-T quickly switches Zones.
You can even set up multiple Zones for one Windows Audio Device, and apply different DSP settings to each, if you need to.
Use ZoneSwitch to automatically switch Zone for Movies and Music.

MC doesn't care what the Default Audio Device is in Windows. It plays to the device specified in the selected Zone, and applies the DSP specified for that Zone.
Never set MC to play to the Windows Default Audio Device. It limits your control and options enormously.
Set the Windows Default Audio Device to the WDM Driver and you can play other audio sources through MC.

Interesting, I haven't really experimented with zones much. It sounds like it might satisfy that need, though. I'll check it out, thanks!

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #410 on: June 03, 2020, 03:24:08 am »

I think zoneswitch as a quick DSP selector (for the same content) is a generally annoying user experience as it gives you the 2 dsp settings to manage as well as the need to manage what is played in each zone. Using DSP presets has the same multiple dsp config problem, loses the fast access via a keyboard shortcut but removes the need to manage what is played in a zone.

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #411 on: June 05, 2020, 11:02:26 am »

Two things.

1) It would be nice if this thread was pinned to the top to find easier.   ;)

2) Maybe it's already there, but either using the Move/Copy or the Find/Replace, the ability to send previous information in selected fields (ie People/Popularity/date, etc.) to other files of the same name and artist.  When I get a new album/cd it would save me a lot of entry time from going through all my duplicated tracks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #412 on: June 05, 2020, 11:06:17 am »

Two things.

1) It would be nice if this thread was pinned to the top to find easier.   ;)

2) Maybe it's already there, but either using the Move/Copy or the Find/Replace, the ability to send previous information in selected fields (ie People/Popularity/date, etc.) to other files of the same name and artist.  When I get a new album/cd it would save me a lot of entry time from going through all my duplicated tracks.

You can copy tags from one file and paste them in another by using ctrl-shift-v.  It will ask which tags.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #413 on: June 12, 2020, 08:12:40 am »

The  ability to "prune" the folder list that the "Import a single folder" option uses/accumulates would be appreciated.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #414 on: June 12, 2020, 12:47:14 pm »

I'm not sure if this is doable, but I would love some way to give the Fill Properties From Filename a series of patterns to try, matching against the one that fits "the best".

For example, my audio collection is organized in the following way:

Single disc album: [Album Artist (auto)]\[Album]\[Track #]. [Artist] - [Name]
Multi-disc album: [Album Artist (auto)]\[Album]\Disc [Disc #]\[Track #]. [Artist] - [Name]
Multi-disc album where each disc has a unique "sub album" name: [Album Artist (auto)]\[Album]\Disc [Disc #] - [Sub Album]\[Track #]. [Artist] - [Name]

etc. It gets more complicated with Concerts and Audiobooks, but you get the idea.

So it would be hugely helpful to be able to something expression-like, like:

Code: [Select]
FirstMatch(
  [Artist]\[Album]\Disc [Disc #] - [Sub Album],
  [Artist]\[Album]\Disc [Disc #],
  [Artist]\[Album]
)

and have MC do something regex-y to figure out which of these matches best. Then you could do the same for filenames. My workflow now is to filter the view three separate times and run the Fill Properties tool on each. I'd love to be able to do this all in one go.

wer

« Reply #415 on: June 12, 2020, 01:30:42 pm »

A simple export/import function for Theater View/Media Network/DLNA views is being requested by a lot of people.

It would really be a big help!

See here:  https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,125720.0.html

JSchroder

« Reply #416 on: June 13, 2020, 05:59:50 pm »

To make the existing feature usable –

Under DSP, support for VST plugins with settings available to the user in the form of simple UI.
Using Airwindows VST’s.

Thanks.

This.

theriverlethe

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #417 on: June 14, 2020, 11:27:50 am »

Would it be possible to parse text files generated by Room EQ Wizard and import them into the parametric equalizer?

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
« Reply #418 on: June 25, 2020, 10:14:44 am »

Closing open tabs. Would be great to close open taps just by hoover with the mouse over the tab and get then the "close X".
So no click on the tab is necessary to close it.

A right click on a tab should give you the opportunity "close all other tabs".

Tc
Stefan
Wake up and slow down 😴

rec head

« Reply #419 on: June 26, 2020, 08:06:31 am »

I know locking tabs instead of views has been mentioned before but I want to reiterate that I think it would be a nice feature.

ConradT

• Recent member
« Reply #420 on: June 30, 2020, 09:28:50 pm »

I have a bunch of albums in PCM and DSD.  I have to manually change the output encoding to DSD/DOP to play my DSD albums correctly (thanks for the DSD to PCM conversion improvement, but it is still not the same as true DSD).  Can JRiver select an output encoding automatically based on the album? Maybe by remembering the selection that was used the last time the album was played?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #421 on: June 30, 2020, 09:35:55 pm »

Take a look at Zones and Zoneswitch on the wiki.

ConradT

• Recent member
« Reply #422 on: July 01, 2020, 10:41:02 pm »

Wow!  Did not know the zone feature was so configurable. Will try this out for sure.

Thanks.

budloveall

• Recent member
« Reply #423 on: July 03, 2020, 05:35:21 am »

Hoping this is an easy one.

Can a "Add to Playing Now" option be added to Car Radio Buttons? I see it being just another right click option.

Thanks, Bud

LeePLee

« Reply #424 on: July 07, 2020, 10:27:52 am »

1. Some sort of indicator as to whether I'm in Alternate Play Mode or not.

2. Even better, a choice of more than 2 modes.
Eg. I now use a crossfade for general playlist use and Alt Mode is gapped to play an album in the normal way. But neither of these are appropriate for a live album. For that I'd need gapless I guess, but if I change this in the settings I have to change it back again. If there were a way to quickly change between play moes and know which one you're on it would be useful. I can imagine there are many uses for having a variety of custom crossfades or other modes to hand.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #425 on: July 07, 2020, 05:58:25 pm »

1. Some sort of indicator as to whether I'm in Alternate Play Mode or not.

2. Even better, a choice of more than 2 modes.

Use Zones and ZoneSwitch.

All the settings you need are Zone specific. The Zone you are playing to can be the indicator of what transition type you have selected. ZoneSwitch can automate the selection of Zones based on appropriate field values.

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up