INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to get highest quality 2 channel audio question...  (Read 790 times)

rlwings

• Recent member
How to get highest quality 2 channel audio question...
« on: October 18, 2019, 08:44:08 pm »

Hello community! -  :D

So I've been racking my brain trying to make sense of something that I'm sure is actually pretty simple...

OK, so I am running JRiver 24 with a 'Dirac live room correction plugin' (via a VST) on a Windows 10 computer in WASAPI mode and making use of the WDM driver... Outputting via HDMI to my AVR in 2 channel mode.

I also have a turntable connected to my PC's internal soundcard. (Which also gets routed through JRiver\Dirac Live).

All I want to know is which bitdepth and Hz will yield the best results... I assume that the turntable would benefit from highest rates since I am creating the digital file myself, but what about the incoming Spotify? ... I have everything set to 24bit, 92hz right now, but I really don't know the correct answer? ... Can anybody help clear up my confusion... I just want the best sound possible from each source without having to change settings all the time. Can I have multiple settings which automatically kick in as each file is being read?

I can't find all the information I need all in one place for my particular scenario (JRiver\Dirac\WDM\WASAPI\turntable\Spotify) and it's very confusing.... I have a high quality stereo system which is very revealing so I know that small changes will be heard.

Thanks guys for any input. :)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to get highest quality 2 channel audio question...
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 09:10:31 am »

I can't help you with optimal settings, but you can use ZoneSwitch to automatically change your output and DSP settings based on your source material.

See: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=76605.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up