INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: photos - prevent client side from viewing  (Read 390 times)

nels

• Recent member
photos - prevent client side from viewing
« on: October 17, 2019, 10:16:15 am »

Hi, Post-divorce I left my laptop (client) at my kids' house and have my desktop (server) here. I have the client log in as readonly. It generally works very well. Now I have personal pictures that I don't want the client to view. How do I set that up? I have tried rules in users and duplicating an Image folder using rules. These work on the server end, but the client still sees them. It's also not easy to test as I don't often have access to the laptop. Thanks, Matt

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: photos - prevent client side from viewing
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 12:33:33 pm »

Sorry to hear that.  I've been in that position and it's no fun.

Ratings and Users?  Different library?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 07:03:04 pm »

The answer:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,122578.msg848840.html#msg848840
We just implemented the really cool feature for v26 to be able to specify what is included in the share.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion!

Here's the history:
NEW: You can specify what files to include in the share for Library Server in Options > Media Network > Set rules for included files...

I would have thought restricting which Views a MC User could see would fix the problem, but I haven't used the MC User functionality so I'm guessing.

But the MC26 functionality added should do it. Theoretically, as I also haven't tested that yet!
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

nels

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 07:38:05 am »

Awesome. Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up