INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: setting to never play one-star rated tracks?  (Read 1892 times)

unfrostedpoptart

• Junior Woodchuck
setting to never play one-star rated tracks?
« on: October 26, 2019, 12:33:04 pm »

Hi all.  This isn't Windows-specific or v25 specific (I'm currently using Mac v24), but there is no generic forum so here goes.

I have lots of my own recording of concerts I've put into MC.  When I record and edit these, I split the applause at the end of songs (when possible) or announcements into separate files.  This way, I can just listen to the music.  So, I don't want to delete these tracks but I'd like to be able to flag them somehow to not play or add to playlists by default.  I'd think the easiest way would be to rate them all 1 star. I can create a smart playlist for this rule but that's very limited.  Is there a way to set a global setting to ignore tracks with some condition - e.g. rating=1?   This would be extremely helpful.

Thanks for any info/ideas.

David

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: setting to never play one-star rated tracks?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2019, 12:59:17 pm »

Hi all.  This isn't Windows-specific or v25 specific (I'm currently using Mac v24), but there is no generic forum so here goes.

David
there is a specific forum for Mac

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/board,61.0.html
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

DJLegba

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2019, 01:05:19 pm »

Customize your view. Select "rules for file display" and add a rule "rating is greater than 1 star".

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2019, 01:11:42 pm »

There is a tag "Playable". You can use a smartlist to select your non-playable tracks and uncheck the Playable tag for all of them.  If they ever do get selected in a view, they simply will be skipped over when playing.

DJLegba

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2019, 01:23:50 pm »

There is a tag "Playable". You can use a smartlist to select your non-playable tracks and uncheck the Playable tag for all of them.  If they ever do get selected in a view, they simply will be skipped over when playing.

A better solution, thanks.

wer

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2019, 01:56:16 pm »

If you don't want to use Smartlists, which I wouldn't either for something like this, then perhaps better thing to do when leveraging a tag like Playable (or some other custom tag you create, like "Exclude", or even when just wanting to exclude 1-star songs) is to modify your view (or create a new one) where those files are just not part of the view at all.  They won't be show, won't be played, and you can still do everything you do normally in views without the limitations of working in a smartlist.

DJLegba

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2019, 02:19:23 pm »

If you don't want to use Smartlists, which I wouldn't either for something like this, the perhaps better thing to do when leveraging a tag like Playable (or some other custom tag you create, like "Exclude", or even when just wanting to exclude 1-star songs) is to modify your view (or create a new one) where those files are just not part of the view at all.  They won't be show, won't be played, and you can still do everything you do normally in views without the limitations of working in a smartlist.

I think the smartlist was just a convenient way to find all one-starred files so the Playable tag could be changed at the same time.

unfrostedpoptart

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2019, 04:46:27 pm »

there is a specific forum for Mac

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/board,61.0.html

I said that this wasn't platform specific. My question applies to all versions!

unfrostedpoptart

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2019, 04:47:44 pm »

I think the smartlist was just a convenient way to find all one-starred files so the Playable tag could be changed at the same time.

Thanks for the suggestions!

unfrostedpoptart

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2019, 05:13:48 pm »

Yes - the Playable tag did the trick!

larryrup

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2019, 01:30:00 am »

I do a similar rating of 2 stars for god awful tracks and intro/applause tracks, then in most all smartlists, exclude 2 stars, and 1 star which I use for tracks that have a technile problem.  The star allows me to find them and replace with a new copy of the problem track.  Naturally, I would not put any of these tracks in a straight up playlist, however if there is a particular intro I like, I link the track with the actual song track so they always play together.

Larry
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.

Absinthe

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2019, 01:30:20 pm »

IMHO, rather than use the rating system, I'd suggest using a custom library field instead.  I have 'damaged track' and 'replace album' library fields that I can utilize to generate smart lists and even display appropriate graphics in theater view.
Pages: [1]   Go Up