INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC9 & new iPod  (Read 1458 times)

MidPack

• Recent member
  • MC9 & iPodv3 - doesn't get much better...
MC9 & new iPod
« on: May 04, 2003, 02:07:44 pm »

I bought a 15GB yesterday, and was unable to get MC9 and the iPod to "get along." I am not technically very advanced, but I spent about 6 hours trying before I installed MMJB and got up and running. I don't like MMJB and I look forward to the day when I can go back to MC9. If anyone knows how to do so today, I'd sure like to know how.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC9 & new iPod
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2003, 05:41:10 pm »

MidPack,

I just completed some testing with the new iPod and managed to get  MC to synch files to it. This is encouraging. MusicMatch really fought with MC so I will do some more work tomorrow to give good instructions on exactly what to do to get this to work well. My advice is to wait and let me work out a good way to do this and then check back tomorrow.

Steve

PS. From your post it appears you were using MC with an older iPod before yesterday, correct?

Doc_Holiday

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2003, 08:44:27 am »

I have mine working without a problem.  A new 15GB ipod and the latest version of MC 9.  I also didn't install MMJB at all.  Hope this helps.

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2003, 09:02:34 am »

Doc_Holiday,

That helps alot. Thanks. Now I am working on a way to ease the pain of those who install MusicMatch first.

Steve

Kurt Young

• Tastes like crab, talks like people.
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2003, 09:24:07 am »

Oops, I didn't see this post and went ahead and posted a short tirade on my experience with my new 15GB and MC9.  I had 100% success, because I didn't install MMJB either.
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

SteveG

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2003, 10:09:14 am »

Kurt,

Thanks.  I will point people to your post for instructions.

I just posted an updated plugin (9.0.16) which will be a little easier to use for people who put MusicMatch on first.

MidPack

• Recent member
  • MC9 & iPodv3 - doesn't get much better...
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2003, 05:29:10 pm »

To your original response Steve. I have only been using MC9 for about a month and this is my first iPod (15GB). I had so much trouble that I had to call Apple and they wouldn't talk to me unless I went the MMJB route. I will stay with MMJB for a few days so I can enjoy my iPod, before I risk losing it all again. But don't worry, I will be back to using MC9 exclusively soon enough. If you know how I can absolutely get from MMJB to MC9, let me know and I'll make the switch.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2003, 10:44:51 pm »

Midpack,

It's safe to come back.  See the IPOD SUPPORT CONTINUES thread.  Steve has a new plug-in plus instructions that work perfectly.

Randy
Pages: [1]   Go Up