INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: JRiver for Android TV  (Read 14070 times)

Stigg

• Recent member
Re: NEW: JRiver for Android TV
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2020, 06:01:08 pm »

To the best of my knowledge, it only finds, displays, and loads JRiver MC Library Servers, not DLNA Servers.

It certainly doesn't show the DLNA Servers that I am running in my two MC installations. Just the Library Servers.
Yes, that is what I am looking for, Roderick. I have Asset UPnP server (specifically designed for music) and Universal Media Server running, and I can't see it. I have Serviio and Plex media server running on another computer.

As I said, VLC can see them all.
I am deciding whether to uninstall it and get a refund or wait for it to be fixed.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2020, 07:07:47 pm »

The refund window (time) is quite short on the Play Store. Just hours I believe, though I haven't checked. That is controlled by Google, and JRiver can't provide refunds outside of that time.

The Play Store description says that JRiver for Android can work as a DLNA or UPnP Renderer, and it can, I think. I can push audio files from a MC Server installation to JRiver for Android, using MC as the Controller. But I can't tell if that is using UPnP/DLNA or JRiver Media Network. Not without running Wireshark and checking what is being sent between devices.

I can even connect JRemote2 to a MC Server and use JRemote2 as a Controller to output audio to JRiver for Android, which is seen as a Zone in JRemote2. I can then close JRemote2 once I have told it to play tracks, and JRiver for Android continues to play the tracks.

Device Spy, which analyses DLNA devices on a network, does show JRiver for Android as three devices. A UPnP/DLNA Renderer, a DLNA Server, and as a JRiver Library Server.

So Im really not sure if JRiver for Android will meet your needs, as you are specifically using UPnP/DLNA servers, and not JRiver Media Network (Library) servers. The full version of JRiver Media Center can certainly see DLNA Servers, but I don't know when or if JRiver for Android will see them. My DLNA Servers are all MC DLNA Servers, so I can't test third party DLNA Servers.

Maybe JRiver can clarify if DLNA Servers are supposed to show up in JRiver for Android. Or you could search the forum for information on that, perhaps in announcements of JRiver for Android.

Note: Any DLNA Renderers such as VLC, BubbleUPnP and lots of others, should see your DLNA Servers. So the JRiver for Android DLNA Renderer should see them theoretically. Maybe that is an oversight by JRiver, or just a timing thing.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Stigg

• Recent member
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2020, 07:14:21 pm »

Note: Any DLNA Renderers such as VLC, BubbleUPnP and lots of others, should see your DLNA Servers. So the JRiver for Android DLNA Renderer should see them theoretically. Maybe that is an oversight by JRiver, or just a timing thing.
What exactly can BubbleUPnP do for me?
I have read about it, but can't quite understand its capabilities.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2020, 07:29:11 pm »

It has a lot of capabilities, including acting as a DLNA Renderer and Controller, which is how I use it. I sometimes test Chromecast with it as well. It is free to run, with some restrictions. So using it is the best way to understand it.

It has support available through Google Groups, and a thread on the XDA forum. Google will help you find those. Bubblesoft is the vendor. Google the name and you will learn lots.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Stigg

• Recent member
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2020, 08:44:37 pm »

I can't get BubbleUPnP to install on Android TV.
I keep getting a "Not Installed" message.  :'(

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2020, 10:44:37 pm »

You didn't say you were trying to install onto an Android TV device.

The Play Store shouldn't have even offered BubbleUPnP for installation on an Android TV device. It certainly doesn't for my Sony TV. Were you trying to sideload or something?

Stigg

• Recent member
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2020, 10:51:05 pm »

You didn't say you were trying to install onto an Android TV device.
It is the "JRiver for Android TV" thread. I thought that would be a given.
Never mind. 😃

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2020, 11:15:18 pm »

You are correct.  ;) I run JRiver for Android on my phone most of the time, and don't always check the thread title.

Also, as I said, BubbleUPnP isn't even offered in the Play Store on my Sony TV.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up