INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC25 Question  (Read 532 times)

ellisr63

• Recent member
MC25 Question
« on: November 19, 2019, 04:00:23 pm »

I have my audio separated on my NAS  as 5.1 Audio, Hi Rez Stereo, and Music, and I would like to be able to bring up only the music in the particular group I want to listen too...like 5.1 Audio. How can I do this?

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hi
Re: MC25 Question
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 04:50:59 pm »

Very easily.  There are several ways to accomplish it.

One way, would be to use something like the keywords field.  For 5.1 audio, add a 5.1 to the keywords, for Hi-Rez, add Hi-Rez as a keyword, etc.  Then filter based off keywords.

If the files are physically separated on the server, like you have a separate folder for each group, you could filter by fileath.

As an example, assuming they are separate folders for each group, right click Audio in your tree and click "Add Library View", choose whatever style you'd like in the popup (I'm partial to panes) and name it 5.1 (Or whatever).  You'll now have a new view called 5.1.  Right click that view and choose "Customize view".  In the middle of the screen that pops up look for "Set rules for file display" and click that.  Choose filename (path), contains, C:\5.1 Audio\ (or whatever your path is to your 5.1 audio files).  This view will now only show your 5.1 music.

ellisr63

• Recent member
Re: MC25 Question
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 08:14:50 pm »

Thank you very much.. I used the 2nd option you suggested for Windows, and the first option for Linux.
Pages: [1]   Go Up