INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WMA Pro and DRM content... MC plans ??  (Read 1016 times)

PhatPhreddy

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Cosmic Comic
WMA Pro and DRM content... MC plans ??
« on: May 02, 2003, 11:13:49 pm »

Just been listening to the free Pink Floyd 'money' track in 5.1 WMA pro... Pretty nice demo of 5.1 stuff and as WMA Pro is going to go big in the next 12 months (with the HD DVD's being released etc) and with WMA Pro having lossless and multi channel etc I am curious what J River plans are...

Incorporating the multi channel audio seems pretty trivial (Blight added it to zoom player about a day after he found some 5.1 WMA Pro content to test with) but obviously the DRM content requires getting a DRM key for MC (free) that can be revoked if foul play is found and signing some docs that state that you are not putting DRM content in the clear...  

With the free MS disk being distributed now with HD clips and 5.1 DRM controlled (the first 3 BMW hire clips in 720p YES !!!) and with T2 being released in WMP9 1920x1080p equivalent in June this is pretty important if it is going to be 'the one that plays it all'...

Like it or not DRM is going to be a big part of the distribution and content angle and so I wonder what you thoughts as to incorporation into MC are...
Phreddy@PhatPhreddy.net ICQ# 168975535
HTPC Front ends  

DocLotus

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Retired and; Loving It!!!
Re: WMA Pro and DRM content... MC plans ??
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2003, 09:26:50 am »

I strongly second that ::)
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: WMA Pro and DRM content... MC plans ??
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2003, 02:04:55 pm »

I third that!  I've been holding out for multichannel WMA.

For what it's worth, I did a test and it appears that if you jump through the DRM hoops for a song in WMP9, it'll subsequently play in MC9 - just in stereo.  :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up