INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Win 10 and external sound interfaces  (Read 1093 times)

Glen

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Cool.
Win 10 and external sound interfaces
« on: December 05, 2019, 12:26:39 am »

So I've been hanging in with Windows 7 till the bitter end, because it works. Now that I've assembled a new system for Windows 10 (Asus 470 Crosshair and Ryzen 3800), I am running into the same problem that I found three years ago when I upgraded to my current system (Asus X99A-II and i7) and tried to load Windows 10. The main and only issue that I have had and still continue to have is with the sound. I had tried three different interfaces back then (finally gave up and stayed with Windows 7 on the new hardware, with NO issues for the audio), and my son who had the exact same system was in the same boat and eventually switched to the on-board sound-card.
With my new hardware, I have gone through 4 interfaces and none of them can give me artifact clear sound. If I use the on-board sound-card, the audio is perfect. Virtually the same tonality as what I am getting with my M-Audio Fast Track Ultra. But as soon as I try to hookup any of the interfaces, all I get is crackling over the audio. I have tried all of the standard things that are listed on the web (background apps, USB power always on, best performance for windows, etc.). I've tried running the system off of a UPS with the AC turned off in case there is/was line noise. I've tried different ports, old drivers, new drivers. I'm hoping that I'm missing something really simple and that the collective brain power that is on Interact can point me in the final answer direction, because I refuse to believe that there are no computers running Windows 10 that don't have perfect audio with an external interface.
Let me know if you need further info and hit me with your best ideas. And thanks.

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Win 10 and external sound interfaces
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 12:27:21 am »

You most likely have a ground loop that is causing the issue.  This is a issue with your power wiring in your location.

You can solve this in two ways--
  1. correct the issue by hiring an electrician (the cost for this could be high depending on the issue and the fix)
  2. order one of those power conditioner fixer gadgets (I use the Monster Pro 3500; it resolves ground loop issues for items plugged into it)

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Win 10 and external sound interfaces
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 10:04:05 pm »

Can you elaborate on your entire hardware setup? Are you connecting "home" with "pro"?
Ryzen 5 W11 x64 MC 29 HTPC/Server and HP G2 Mini Elitedesk W11 MC 29 (music only zone), various Android Phones and Tablets for control of both, powering two lanai surround systems, 5.1 and 4.1 respectively.
Pages: [1]   Go Up