INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How are tracks ordered in Now Playing ?  (Read 1532 times)

retrospek

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Hello !
How are tracks ordered in Now Playing ?
« on: May 03, 2003, 07:11:31 am »

Hi,

If I double click on an album to play the music it takes me to [Now Playing] but it seems to order by 'Sequence Number' and not 'Track Number'.

If I then change the sort order in Now Playing to be by Track Number (and save the sorting order) the next time I double click on an album it reverts back to sequence number.

I can't see any logic behind sequence number - it just seems like a random sequence ??

Can't I make it sort the Now Playing list by track number ?? and make it 'stick'.

I've taken a screen print and placed it at the following url:

http://www.markus.plus.com/mj.jpg

Thanks,

Mark

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How are tracks ordered in Now Playing ?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2003, 07:27:25 am »

sort by track # then use the option ReOrder Seq
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2003, 08:29:56 am »

> If I then change the sort order in Now Playing to be by Track Number (and save the sorting order)

Although if may appear that you can save a certain sort order (view) in PN...you can't. It will always revert to seq #. Are the album tracks listed in the right order before dbl clicking? What happens if you right click on the album (which I assume a Playlist, Smartlist, or you have AlbumView) and select play? Does it appear in PN in the right order?

10-27

zevele10

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2003, 09:57:47 am »

I have this same very upseting problem and i am really feed up with it

retrospek

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Hello !
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2003, 10:59:34 am »

Hi,

I'm not using a Playlist/Smartlist or Albumview - just double clicking the [Album] I want from under the [Media Library / Audio] folder.

If I look at the files under Media Library they are sorted by Track Number (Great !) but when I double click the Album Name or right-click the Album Name and say play I then get all of my tracks sorted completely randomly in Now Playing.

The Sequence column is in order - but doesn't make any sense as it doesn't match the track order for the Album (see my first post for a screen shot).

If I manually reorder Now Playing to be by Track Number and then save the sort order it reverts back to the incorrect order the next time I select an Album.

King - I'm not too sure where I find ReOrder Seq. is this the same as [Save Current View] which I've already tried.

Zevele - Glad to hear I'm not alone with this problem.

Thanks,

Mark

dingoBaby

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2003, 02:07:13 pm »

Have you tried selecting all the tracks with control-A, sorting the track column with the track button, then right click and select Update Playback order?  I had this problem too and doing this seemed to fix things.
I May Be Listening To:

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2003, 02:25:43 pm »

PN retains the order of the list sent to it. I have yet to see a build do otherwise. If it's scrambled before hand, it will stay scrambled. Latest build ( B168 ) is solid.

10-27

matthewmattical

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2003, 02:40:13 pm »

Sounds like you have "shuffle" turned on. This will randomize the order of anything sent to playing now. Turn it off by clicking its button down below the volume control.

retrospek

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Hello !
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2003, 02:47:05 pm »

Thanks everyone...

Hoehater - you had the answer.  It appears I had shuffle switched on (I have no idea how - unless I clicked it when changing volume).

Thanks - I'm happy  :D

Mark
UK
Pages: [1]   Go Up