INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video problem and crashes  (Read 1141 times)

nycmtber

• Recent member
Video problem and crashes
« on: December 15, 2019, 09:28:50 am »

Why I have to post on a forum to request a refund is beyond me. Is there no way to contact JRiver otherwise? I dont see anything on your site like an obvious 'contact us'

I bought jriver 26 as an upgrade yesterday in hopes to use it again after a few years break.

It will not play any video properly, and while I can probably blow hours trying to get it to work...I'm just done with that. It is why I moved to plex awhile ago...it just works and doesnt require hours of effort to customize to greatness.

Please let me know how to request a refund.

FYI I have zero interest in trouble shooting this issue. I've spent countless hours in the past doing just this with jriver, and love it when it works, but it so often doesnt...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Just want to see if i can get a refund
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 09:32:58 am »

We provide a trial version.  We don't offer refunds.

There are some problems with the first build and Windows security.  I'm not sure yet whether it's our fault or Windows.  It's very likely we'll have a fix in a few days.  You may be able to run it now by running as admin.  Please see other similar problems.

For video to work, MC needs to download components.  Your system is probably not allowing that.  Just wait a few days.

nycmtber

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2019, 09:37:07 am »

Yeah...so I'll just wait. That is a nice solution.

nycmtber

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2019, 09:44:15 am »

I gave it another whirl with complete removal and install.  Now it can’t even get past importing and crashes when it starts the process. Three times so far.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2019, 09:55:23 am »

Turn off auto import.

Run as administrator once.

Tame Windows Defender.

or wait a few days.

kaplantoday

• Recent member
Re: Video problem and crashes
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2019, 12:05:54 pm »

I get crashes and off the cliff departure from the app anytime I try to import more than about 5 files.

nycmtber

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2019, 05:42:43 pm »

Turn off auto import.

Run as administrator once.

Tame Windows Defender.

or wait a few days.

The other unmentioned option: lose a paying customer that trusted the product enough from previous experiences to skip the trial. I expected the product to at least work. I can’t even use it.

Stating to wait is just annoying. I did all the other suggestions against my better judgement of wasting more time...of course it didn’t work still...

MagerClab

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2019, 06:25:28 pm »

@ nycmtber : IMHO you don't get the complexity of the job done by the JRiver folks...and IMHO they do a VERY GOOD job. Never saw such a universal media player / utility / tool.

But you're right: Things may become tricky sometimes .... coming from Mac setups (where all I wanted worked more or less flawlessly) I had to struggle with a WIN 10 installation. But following the hints and tricks (can you spell Windows Defender...  ::) ) in this great forum solved my initial problems.

Just my 5(€) cents...  :)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2019, 10:09:46 pm »

Crashes on import usually happen when a corrupt file is encountered and cannot be imported.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2019, 01:47:01 am »

If you're having trouble with MC26, please try MC25.  It should be stable and it works with an MC25 or MC26 license.
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,123295.0.html

We hope to get to the bottom of the stability issue with MC26 today or tomorrow.  You can follow the thread on Crash Reports for MC26 here:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,123392.0.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up