INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OSD disappearing when in pause  (Read 639 times)

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
OSD disappearing when in pause
« on: December 18, 2019, 03:55:36 pm »

Hi,

When I pause a video to for example adjust subtitle timing, the OSD doesn't stay on the screen, it just flashes and disappears. When the video is playing, it stays for 5-6 seconds then disappears. In pause it stays for maybe half a second, making it very hard to adjust something with the video paused.

Edit - it was like this in MC 25 too, just hoped it would be fixed in the new version.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: OSD disappearing when in pause
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 04:17:37 pm »

I have tried it and could not reproduce the behavior.  Any more details you can provide?  Which video renderer?  Playing what type of file?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

audunth

Re: OSD disappearing when in pause
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 06:53:01 am »

I use Red October standard, it uses Enhanced Video Renderer. Usually play mkv-files, but tried an avi-file, and the same thing happens. When I pause the video, the timeline stays for 5-6 seconds then disappears. Pressing up/down arrow brings up the OSD again, but disappears almost instantly.

Tried VMR9, same resullt. But it is a bit sporadically (on both renderers), sometimes the OSD stays like normal, then I press up/down a few times to get to the setting I wanna change, then it disappears...

Tried RO HQ with MadVR, and it seems to fix the problem, but I've used EHV in my living room for ages, didn't have this problem until MC 25 and 26. Reason for using RO standard is to save power/heat in the computer, since PQ looks the same on my small-ish living room tv.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC
Pages: [1]   Go Up