INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clean up Library after changes to the source folder selections  (Read 584 times)

CaptainCrewe

• Recent member
Clean up Library after changes to the source folder selections
« on: December 30, 2019, 06:31:42 am »

Hello

While browsing my audio files within Media Center, I noticed some duplicate albums.  That turns out to be because I set the Media Import, Folders to be the top level of the directory which holds all my music files (Windows 10).  So I added new folder items, set to Exclude, with the sub-folders that I don't want in the Media Center Library.

But the albums/tracks from the newly excluded folders are still showing up in the Library.  'Fix broken links' is set to 'Yes (protect files on missing drives)' and I've run Tools, Import more than once.

I tried removing my main music folder, then adding it again to make sure it was at the bottom of the folder list, under the excluded folders.  No change.

So my question is how to remove the duplicate items from my Media Center Library.  Does this require a full rebuild?

Many thanks

CaptainCrewe

• Recent member
Re: Clean up Library after changes to the source folder selections
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 09:33:15 am »

After looking around a bit more, I found the Delete option when right-clicking a folder within Media Center.  Specifically, I expanded the Files item within the Audio tree, found the unwanted entries, right-clicked and chose Delete.  The resulting pop-up asks if you want to delete from the Library or actually from disk.  I chose the former and the problem was resolved.

I now expect the Auto-Import to honor my excluded folders. 

Hopes this helps someone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up